DIY Advise - Auto headlight upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a GCC spec LC200 model year 2012. The variant i have does not include the auto headlight activation feature and so it does not have the ambient light sensor as well as the hadlight stalk with auto funtion.
Question is, can i simlpy change the stalk with auto function and install the ambient sensor for complete upgrade or there are any other changes required like computer, auto light controller etc

i tried to search the manula available on the internet and as per my understanding the standard ECU would be having the function and would not require any additional controller for the auto headlight.
thanks

Toyotas often have the same harness across the board. I'd start there and see if the light sensing harness is there.

Toyotas often have the same harness across the board. I'd start there and see if the light sensing harness is there.
Agreed. Pulling the plastic under where the light sensor would go and checking for a harness connector would be an easy way to see if the difficult stuff is already in place.

Next step would be whether the body control module (I’m assuming this is the relevant “brain”) has the function already..

Agreed. Pulling the plastic under where the light sensor would go and checking for a harness connector would be an easy way to see if the difficult stuff is already in place.

Next step would be whether the body control module (I’m assuming this is the relevant “brain”) has the function already..
How can this be checked that body control module had the function

How can this be checked that body control module had the function
If the part numbers for the bcm between models that come with auto lights stock and yours are the same there is a good chance (but no guarantee) it would function the same. If the harness is there, it will probably work. Many Tundra owners did the same upgrade and it worked fine.

turns out the sensor is there but even after simply connecting the correct stalk the auto function wont work. so looks like a different part # of BCM

turns out the sensor is there but even after simply connecting the correct stalk the auto function wont work. so looks like a different part # of BCM
Are you sure the sensor is there? In Tundras there is a piece of plastic that looks like a sensor, and even plugs to the harness, but it is not an actual sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom