Wanted Distributor for 1966 1F engine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Looking to see what's available for distributors out there. Looking for an electronic option instead of points. Mine needs a rebuild. Am looking more to upgrade than stay stock.

You can buy a brand new Denso 61080 distributor and put a Pertronix kit in it, although there is nothing wrong with points. The Denso Dissy will be superior to aftermarket.

You can contact Mark at Marksoffroad.net 818-953-9230 and I believe he can sell you the distributor linked below with the Pertronix Electronic ignition kit already Installed as he is a Pertronix distributor. @65swb45 He may even have a good used one.

As mentioned:

Does your carburetor have Ported Vacuum ?

Last edited:
Spike,

Thanks for the info! I have been pinging people out there by pm and Mark was on my list of people to contact.

Yes, my Carter aftermarket carb has a vacuum port that is currently run to my distributor.

Best to call Mark at the number above during business hrs. Rarely does business thru PM. His specialty is early Cruisers, btw.

The large-cap late 2F dissy will also require a Coil and Igniter from a FJ60 in addition to just the dissy and the dented side-cover. I have the 61080 small cap Toyota Denso in both my 68 and 74 and it works perfectly. No new side-cover needed. Throw in a Pertronix flame-thrower coil and you're good to go.

Thanks Spike, appreciate the assistance. Ready to get Molly back on the road. My son might end up driving to and from work with it so I am trying to make it as reliable as can be.

Nooooooo! Don't let the kid drive it! o_O Buy 'em a Corolla !

Kidding. He'll love it.

Good luck

Just seeing this. 61080 dizzy with pertronix good in stock. Need to get with @Rigger on Monday about one of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom