Discovery 2 Starting Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I experienced some intermittent starting issues over a few days that ended with my 2004 Land Rover Disco 2 not starting at all. After checking fuses first I replaced the crankshaft position sensor hoping that was the problem but after installation I am still facing the same issue. I’m guessing it’s either my starter or my alternator. Any one out there have some good advice?

Last edited:
The only advice I can think of would be to sell it and buy a Toyota. ;):rofl:

Is it just clicking? Check to see if the battery is dead. If battery is dead then have it load tested at your local auto parts store. If battery is good but dead it would be wise to take the alternator off and then have it tested as well. You may have better luck posting on a designated Land Rover forum such as the one below.

Discovery II - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Good luck!

The only advice I can think of would be to sell it and buy a Toyota. ;):rofl:

Is it just clicking? Check to see if the battery is dead. If battery is dead then have it load tested at your local auto parts store. If battery is good but dead it would be wise to take the alternator off and then have it tested as well. You may have better luck posting on a designated Land Rover forum such as the one below.

Discovery II - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Good luck!

Funny you should say that. I just bought a 2006 Land Cruiser yesterday. Still need to get the Rover up and running again before I sell it. Thanks, I’ll get the alternator tested before I move to the starter.

Funny you should say that. I just bought a 2006 Land Cruiser yesterday. Still need to get the Rover up and running again before I sell it. Thanks, I’ll get the alternator tested before I move to the starter.

Good for you! Make sure to post up info on your new truck in the 200 series section.

200-Series Cruisers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom