Diesel Mechs in Western US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I’m on the road in my 1HDT conversion traveling the US as intended. I’ve always meant to get a real tune/check-up on my motor since the refresh it got last year. (Toyota Diesel experts are hard to find in the NE). Plus she’s recently started smoking more on cold starts (colder temps? higher elevations?).

I’m currently in Wyoming but would travel a solid day in any direction: Recommendations? Preferably someone who could get me in sooner rather than later for a quick check up.

Thanks!!

PFA:

5253D344-DD55-4F0A-8245-D3DFD718372A.jpeg

Higher elevation and colder temps will both cause smokey starts.

The elevation is giving less oxygen but the motor doesn't account for it and over fuels ever so slightly.

The cold temps are causing issues with combustion on start up

Both normal.

If you are concerned you can adjust the off boost fuel screw and lower the amount of fuel you're seeing. But you'd want to re-adjust at lower elevation or you'll experience power loss.

you could try @SNLC. He's in Garden City, Idaho and very experienced with Toyota diesels and Land Cruisers of all varieties.

Very nice you views you are experiencing on your travels.

Higher elevation and colder temps will both cause smokey starts.

The elevation is giving less oxygen but the motor doesn't account for it and over fuels ever so slightly.

The cold temps are causing issues with combustion on start up

Both normal.

If you are concerned you can adjust the off boost fuel screw and lower the amount of fuel you're seeing. But you'd want to re-adjust at lower elevation or you'll experience power loss.
That’s more or less what I was thinking. I’ve been fighting an over-fueling issue since I installed the G-Turbo pump/turbo combo. They were supposed to be tuned to each other but that was obviously not the case. I’ve dialed the main fuel screw in a few time ago this point. Much better all around but maybe it needs another 1/8 turn at elevation. Last tune was done at 800ft elevation. Lol.

you could try @SNLC. He's in Garden City, Idaho and very experienced with Toyota diesels and Land Cruisers of all varieties.

Very nice you views you are experiencing on your travels.
I’ve spoken with them a few times. Great guys. Idaho is a little further NW than I anticipated going but the truck deserves a going over by a pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom