DiamondGirl...my newest rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
Well sold my Land Cruiser and got a Tundra. My fourth Land Cruiser but found I could not do what I needed on our property and fighting the issue and making things work got old. So sold 2002 Z06 and 1986 FJ60 and bought a new Tundra. Miss them both...but at this point I needed a truck with hauling capacity and towing...

Fairly straight rig....Tundra Limited with spray in bed liner, LED lights in bed, LED lights for DRL, Puddle Lights and Foot lights in seating area, wheel locks, tinted windows, paint protection film on hood, door areas and panels behind wheels, etc.

Yesterday I visited my buddy at SPARK Toyota in Myrtle Beach and picked up a TRD CAI, TRD Dual Exhaust, and their 3 inch leveling lift kit made by ToyTec.

Installed CAI and Dual Exhaust in driveway last evening...found that you need to lower spare tire before you can get passenger exhaust in place no matter how many times you try. If I would have done that first would have been less than 2 hours for uninstall OEM and installing TRD version. Since I tried to finesse it for 30 minutes and then jack up rear end and put on jack stands...all to no avail...took me about 3.5 hours to do it. LOL

Not going to be a lot of mods on this rig....but so far I love it. Solidly built, the 5.7 is awesome, very comfortable, and drives nice on and offroad. :)

I may add a Rigid Light kit in lower bumper but was told TRD is working with someone on a LED kit that fits in the upper faux air intake scoop on front of hood...will be seamless fit and finish. ;) May also put on pocket flares when I get larger tires otherwise this is about it...for now. :)
20160811_194019.jpg

Here she is from dealership, no mods.

Last edited:
Any reason you didn't spring for the Crew Cab?

Any reason you didn't spring for the Crew Cab?
Yeah, my kids are grown and on their own and I rarely if ever carry anyone in the back seat. I have my seat so dont really care if someone that rides out of the woods or to lunch one day has only 6 inches of legroom instead of 18 inches of legroom in back seat. LMAO :) The reality is that I wanted the 6.5 foot bed which you cannot get if you get Crewmax...which only allows 5.5 foot bed. I wanted the full size bed for carrying capacity primarily....and legroom was not a concern to be quite honest.

Nice Tundra. I've got a 2014 in Magnetic Gray with the same package. I replaced the stock fog lights with the Rigid D.O.T. legal lights and it made a very big difference. They have a nice cutoff so that oncoming traffic isn't blinded. If you aren't using them on the road then the regular D series lights would probably work really nice since they are more powerful.

SDHQ has a setup to mount a Baja Designs LED light bar in the hood scoop. It's a really nice looking kit.

2014+ Tundra Hood Scoop Light Mount

2014-TUNDRA-UPPER-GRILLE-LED-MOUNT-SDHQ-53-1203-G3-3.jpg

Nice Tundra. I've got a 2014 in Magnetic Gray with the same package. I replaced the stock fog lights with the Rigid D.O.T. legal lights and it made a very big difference. They have a nice cutoff so that oncoming traffic isn't blinded. If you aren't using them on the road then the regular D series lights would probably work really nice since they are more powerful.

SDHQ has a setup to mount a Baja Designs LED light bar in the hood scoop. It's a really nice looking kit.

2014+ Tundra Hood Scoop Light Mount

2014-TUNDRA-UPPER-GRILLE-LED-MOUNT-SDHQ-53-1203-G3-3.jpg
Looks like yours is wrapped...done lots to it from picture. I will likely do the PRO grille and black out the badges as well...then add fender flares. Who knows what else. Thanks for link.

Looks like yours is wrapped...done lots to it from picture. I will likely do the PRO grille and black out the badges as well...then add fender flares. Who knows what else. Thanks for link.

That's just a photo from the SDHQ site showing the LED bar in the hood scoop that I mentioned. My Tundra is still grey with a few small mods. I wish it looked like that one though.

Talking to a guy the other day that has a 2013. He says they made improvments over the 2012 and that the 2013 and 14 are much better !
Any idea how ? I should have asked at the time !

I'm not sure what all they changed. The '13 has the same body style as the '12 and the '14 got the new body panels. The drive train is the same. They did drop some features like the driver's side grab handle and on the Crewmax the rear seats don't move back and forth and recline anymore and I think they lost some storage under them too. They came out with a software upgrade a few months after I bought mine that was for the Air Injection Pump. It was set up to go into limp mode if a problem was detected and with the upgrade it doesn't do that now it just brings up codes and the dash lights. They also went from two glove boxes to one and the center console is just a big open box without any organizers which I guess they had before. You can buy one for it though or get a Locker Down safe or something. You might check around on Tundratalk for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom