DFW Soda Blasting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

forksinthetrail

Frequent Lurker
Threads
I have been calling around for soda blasting in DFW and hitting dead ends. I can't believe there is not someone doing it reliably in DFW -- does anyone here have some experience with someone?

Anyone looking for a clean version of blasting might want to check for dry ice blasting services. Instead of sand or soda it uses small dry ice chips. Reportedly first developed to strip aircraft paint from aluminum without damaging the Al skin. The little CO2 hailstones are soft, it works by thermally shocking the surface layer and fracturing it.

We had a contractor provide a demo in our factory. Considered it for cleaning rubber molds. A layer of hard crud builds up on the steel mold. Have to pull the mold, let it cool then buff away with scotchbrite. The CO2 blaster took the crud off instantly.

We had a big industrial steel workbench sitting there. It had several coats of oil based enamel paint on it. The CO2 blaster demo guy could remove one layer of paint off the bench at a time. The next layer down retained its gloss.

Might be just the ticket for blasting vehicle interiors.....etc. The only residue left behind is the paint or whatever else you removed. The dry ice simply evaporates and is gone.

There used to be a soda blaster in Hurst, but I haven't been there in 13-14 years and he might be gone by now. He was on Hwy 10. I might still have his business card, but all my business cards are packed away somewhere due to my latest move.

Hi, I've hit the same dead ends. I had a guy lined up for the club to do a group blast awhile back ,there was no interest from anyone other than me. I think they have mostly gone out of business. Mike

I have interest too. I was thinking restoration shops might be the best bet, but I would like to see the results from A-Z. Maybe we could get a group service discount.

not exactly soda blasting, but have been looking at these dustless systems. Have not used them or have any reference, but sounds very appealing

Advanced Dustless Blasting

Just had mine sandblasted. I’m very happy with both the quality and price. Let me know if u r still looking.

Hey Bill,

Can I get some details? Do you have any before and after pics? How long was the cruiser at the shop?

Thanks,
Clay

Hi, Reading about the dry ice blasting and it seems the best way to remove paint etc.. ESP. Not having to deal with all the water and surface prep. Mike

Hey Bill,

Can I get some details? Do you have any before and after pics? How long was the cruiser at the shop?

Thanks,
Clay
Hi Clay
Hey Bill,

Thanks,
Clay
hi Clay, the turn around time for the guys I used was about two weeks. Depending on their work load it could be more or less. They were great to work with, and the owner understands old cars. He’s working on one of his own. On my first visit he had a old vw bug (just the shell) that he had just finished blasting and priming. I’m not sure of his willingness or skills to dismantle the vehicle to blast / prime. For me I had already taken everything apart and brought it to him in pieces. I’m doing a frame off, and am currently working on the tub, getting it ready for paint. That is to say, it is still in pieces. I’m happy to send pictures of the frame (he blasted and powder coated that too!), fenders, etc if u like

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom