Details on the 76? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A RHD to LHD conversion might not be too bad of you had a donor. That would make finding a nice clean 7* series that much easier. Of course it involves a a fair amount of labour.

Reminds me of back in the late 90's when I was still living up on the Hokkaido east coast....close to Vladivostok. The rusty and barely seaworthy small Russian trawlers would come into port and precariously load their decks with cars and trucks to take back to Siberia. Most of the boats were only 50 or 60 feet but they'd stack those cars in the oddest places.. It was so funny..

Good Morning,

I'm a Canadian currently driving a 1996 FZJ80 and seriously contemplating putting myself on a four-year plan to import a diesel 70 series. I'm having trouble fully understanding what is actually available, however.

I really like the 76 and from googling I believe that it has front coils from 1999 onwards?

Is there a list somewhere of models and the countries they were sold in? I think I'm looking for an HZJ76L.

It will have to be model year 2002 or older (15 years old in 2017-18) and LHD.

Is an automatic transmission available on these?

If fuel efficiency is a primary concern for me and I'm not worried about fast acceleration, will a naturally-aspirated 1HZ serve me well?

What else is there to consider when looking at a 76?

Thanks,

A.

This is a really old thread, sorry to revive it.

I got my hands on one of these rare 76 series a couple of weeks ago its a 2002 model with a 1HZ running an A442f automatic. I haven't had it long enough to confirm the fuel consumption, it went straight in for some much needed TLC.

Did anyone find more information on this model? I'd love some inspiration for my build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom