Rear quarter window compatibility 77 vs 76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anybody know if the 77 and 76 rear quarters are the same? I know the part numbers are different but wondering if anybody has compared them side by side?

HZJ77HV
6271060111 GLASS, QUARTER WINDOW, RH
6272060071 GLASS, QUARTER WINDOW, LH

HZJ76K-RKMES
6271060660 GLASS, QUARTER WINDOW, RH
6272060560 GLASS, QUARTER WINDOW, LH

I’m guessing these are the same windows? I don’t know if they changed that part of the body? It’s just that Toyota hates the 77 and pish poshed all the parts for it. Or so it seems.

There are a lot of factors that change the part number but the fit remains the same. Supplier, color, a revision of some sort to fix a flaw that was found, etc.

In this case, I am sure what is changing the part numbers is the factory tint. Most of the factory 77 ones including my own appear clear'ish. Seen the later ones with some kind of factory tint to them. Parts listing should tell you the glass type.

For example the ones you are looking up are spec'd "
*TT,厚さ=4.0,ブロンズ

Which translates to: "*TT, Thickness = 4.0, Bronze" TT means "Tinted, Tempered".

Last edited:
There are a lot of factors that change the part number but the fit remains the same. Supplier, color, a revision of some sort to fix a flaw that was found, etc.

In this case, I am sure what is changing the part numbers is the factory tint. Most of the factory 77 ones including my own appear clear'ish. Seen the later ones with some kind of factory tint to them. Parts listing should tell you the glass type.

For example the ones you are looking up are spec'd "
*TT,厚さ=4.0,ブロンズ

Which translates to: "*TT, Thickness = 4.0, Bronze" TT means "Tinted, Tempered".

you are a gentleman and scholar. Your charm and good looks are exceeded only by your Toyota parts knollege.

Depending on what side you are looking for I have one left here at the shop , had a pair but sold one a few weeks ago .

@sleepydad69 He's probably looking at aftermarket gull wings that are made for the 76 series. I did the research a while back and 76 are totally interchangeable with the 77.

Not sure who you are referring to but I was looking at oem glass not gullwings.

@sleepydad69 He's probably looking at aftermarket gull wings that are made for the 76 series. I did the research a while back and 76 are totally interchangeable with the 77.

Ok thanks yes I was looking for confirmation the 76 & 77 were the same, they seem to be and I ordered new ones. glass ones.

Run the Front Runner 76 Series gull wings on my '93 77. They don't cover that glass wrapped corner area but fit a champ otherwise.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...-window-aluminium-toyota-land-cruiser-70.html

If you're looking for OEM glass I have the units I took out for the wings. I'd consider selling if they are needed.

I have put those into my cart on several occasions yes. But I decided to order new ones. About 500$ shipped new ones from partsouq so that is a no brainer to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom