DEPO headlight fitment experiences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Until recently it had been a quite a while since I posted or lurked. Then I decided to show the ole cruiser some love and that led down a rabbit hole of upgrades and replacements etc...

One replacement was the headlights. My passenger headlight had half It's brackets and one of those was cracked at the bolt hole. It also had a pinhole from a rock chip. The driver side is in decent condition but I decided after looking at new light prices that I'd go with the Depos.

My question:

Has anybody had fitment issues with the Depo lights? I have a 93 fzj80 and the extra tab length on the bottom inside tabs was a little issue but more worrisome is the fact that the grille just doesn't seem to match the headlight contour.

Has anyone else had these issues? Would the newer 95+ grille fix it?

What are your experiences with the depo clear headlights?

They work fine with my November 1993 build date 80. Grill looks like it should.

94DC9816-5B7B-46ED-9C10-D371FB2E997D.jpeg

My '94 matches the above.

I seem to recall a lower tab on the Depo headlights that didn't match up with a bolt hole. Or maybe I just couldn't reach it for some reason. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I don't have a bolt through the bottom, inner mounting tab.

Mine had this problem, had to cut the grill a little with dremel, Feb 1993

Screenshot_20211009-132914.png

Screenshot_20211009-132853.png

Lemon squeezy, just like @thatcabledude …… I even had the DS2 projectors that one guy was doing.

I didn’t see any obvious Dremel marks where he modded mount tabs for my ‘97.

Weird... I will have to take pictures when I'm home from work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom