SOLD Denver: 1991/Toyota/HZJ77 JDM RHD manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 255, 255)
Outside Link
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1991-toyota-landcruiser-fj70/7129936864.html
Greetings, decided to finally just post my truck for sale:

1991 HZJ77 ~225k miles
5 speed manual
1HZ 4.2 diesel with what looks like a CT series turbo (installed by PO in japan)
oem F+R lockers
locking hubs converted to manual
Old Man Emu Suspension Kit <2k miles from cruiser outfitters (Medium Dakar Leafs)
clean underbody
very clean cloth interior
nardi wheel and shift knob
aftermarket front and rear bumpers (Rear has rust, if time passes i'll take it off and re paint it)
aftermarket nerf bars
aftermarket painted wide flares
diamond plate lower panels painted black
custom side exit exhaust
aftermarket 15s with 33x12.5" geolanders
oem 15s with 1 season snow tires
newer batteries
cusco catch can
cold A/C (belt squeaks slightly when engine is cold and A/C is on)

Things i'm used to:
left wiper nozzle sprays sometimes
crack in the front windshield
rear defroster doesn't work
PO did a rear wiper delete (i have the wiper and blade to put it back)
right rear passenger door doesn't lock or unlock via power
jdm radio gets.. jdm bands ( bought a nice dual sony deck i was going to put in but maybe not now that i'm thinking of selling. Or will include it if the price is right)
horn doesn't work. used to, haven't looked at why
headliner on the moonroof cover has been ... stapled on
white smoke on cold startup but goes away once warm - i only drive it once a week these days but when i was driving it more often it mostly went away.

A few things will go with the truck (besides the extra wheels and tires):
OE bug hood deflector uninstalled
JDM front fender side view mirror (not paint matched)
extra dash cluster surround
at least one new in box vent (one of the adjuster knobs is broken - i might have more but i know i have one)
original import paperwork if you want

Clean colorado title in hand. Super solid truck, i just don't drive it like i thought i would and it mostly just sits. Lots more pics in the CL ad but i will get pics of the underbody soon, or anything else anyone wants closeups of. Driven from seatac to denver on import zero issues.

PM or respond here for my contact info.

Asking 21,500 16,500usd (price drop based on feedback 6/12)

thanks,
bret

DSC_3769 (2).JPG
DSC_4214 (2).JPG
DSC_2269 (2).JPG
21617038_10216240183462291_880157959_o (1).jpg
28943438_10216240180742223_802710522_o.jpg

Last edited:
Can you tell us more about what the issues/feedback is?

Can you tell us more about what the issues/feedback is?

Sure there were a few thoughts i can try to summarize:

- People are nervous about the diamond plating as it might be hiding rust
- the market is seeing more 70s in the USA now that more are qualifying for the 25 year rule (even the more rare HZJ77)
- some folks don't like the aftermarket stuff (nardi wheel in particular for some reason)
- rhd can be a turn off

But here's the actual thread: Thoughts on value? 91 HZJ77

Mate I LOVE this truck. I saw it when we were doing some work at one of your neighbor's homes. I'm broke at the moment and it breaks my heart. I need this truck.

Mate I LOVE this truck. I saw it when we were doing some work at one of your neighbor's homes. I'm broke at the moment and it breaks my heart. I need this truck.

Thanks man, i honestly love it too but living in Denver and shuffling three vehicles on the street is an unfortunate drag and my original intention for the truck (as a mountain truck) is not really needed anymore...

Thanks, I didn't even notice the diamond plating but yes, that could be a scary proposition, remove and potentially cry or leave and ignore and hope.

What' the story of the MR2, that thing looks sweet?

Yah i was out taking pictures of it today for someone else and did actually notice that the left rocker has a bad case of rust that i never noticed before (honestly never got down there to take pics before). Also took a few pics of the under carriage but it's still pretty dang clean. I got your message, i'll post up anything i have and take in my drive folder which should be high quality and stay accessible.

The MR2 is my other toyota problem :) The one in that picture is a 94 with a gen3 swap and some pretty cool bolt ons. Currently getting painted right now, i've also got a 92 that has been a multi year project currently getting a custom metal body done :grinpimp:

DSC_1525.JPG
IMG_0311 (1).jpg

Holy Crap, Jesus, that build is amazing, jaw dropping! I'm always checking the second generation MR2s, still regret not buying a slick top turbo I could have had some years ago. I also am old enough to remember seeing the first one at the SF car show in 1989, a red on tan every man's Ferrari.

Last edited:
Holy Crap, Jesus, that build is amazing, jaw dropping! I'm always checking the second generation MR2s, still regret not buying a slick top turbo I could have had some years ago. I also am old enough to remember seeing the first one at the SF car show in 1989, a red on tan every mans Ferrari.

Thanks man - i wish i was doing more than paying for it, although i will say i spent hours and hours in photoshop trying to put together what i was hoping for. The real artist is Kyle at Login • Instagram - he has pretty much built the exterior of that car by hand. I'm a sucker for the MKII though but man they have gone up in cost significantly in the past few years. I think that project might be done sometime next year if i'm lucky :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom