Deep Dive into LX600 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I yearn for a training video on the 80 when it came out. Seeing all those mint 80s in a dealership is a dream to me. Driving around with 10 miles on them. How salesmen sold them. I find that fascinating.

I yearn for a training video on the 80 when it came out. Seeing all those mint 80s in a dealership is a dream to me. Driving around with 10 miles on them. How salesmen sold them. I find that fascinating.
Most of the 80 series here in Colorado back in the day didn‘t sit long on the lot and many were already spoken for when they arrived. The 80 series really sold itself.

Most of the 80 series here in Colorado back in the day didn‘t sit long on the lot and many were already spoken for when they arrived. The 80 series really sold itself.
Sold itself, without much advertising except for the Nat Geo magazines (which I have a few of). That in itself is impressive given when it was sold.

what a rugged, reliable dream that would be. You'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable and complete lineup. I'd bet more than half of them are still on the road around the world.

LC80
T100
Tacoma
Camry
Corolla
Avalon
Supra

what a rugged, reliable dream that would be. You'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable and complete lineup. I'd bet more than half of them are still on the road around the world.

LC80
T100
Tacoma
Camry
Corolla
Avalon
Supra
LC80, T100, Tacoma, Supra of this year would be quite the stable to pick from.

The 90s was Toyotas “golden era”.
I feel very fortunate as a young lad getting to drive my Uncles Supras MK4( yes plural). He loved those cars and was the only person I can recall in our small Cali. N, bay town that owned them. My first time driving it long distance, I was 15 and drove hard to Bodega bay from Vacaville. If anyone has driven this route, it gets very windy, with tight steep turns. I literally popped my cherry on how to drift turns. fyi, my uncle used to race GT cars as a serious hobby while being the state’s architect for bridges, etc. These were the good ole days when traffic wasn’t the issue it is now and cops knew your name and gave out warnings for high speed driving. I was pulled over in my Uncles Supra at 16yrs. doing 80 in a 45. No cars on the road, expect for the hiding cop. Pulls me over, laughs at me and says something like “oh man your Dad is going to be pissed when I tell him”. No ticket and I was grounded lost my driving privileges of my actual car an “Iroc” for a month. Nothing like riding your sisters bike to school as added punishment to set you straight.

Last edited:

When I purchased my 94 80 series, I remember just a handful on the lot, and the salesperson kept trying to steer me towards a 4Runner. It took a bit of arguing to actually even look at a Land Cruiser, and the salesperson seemed disappointed that I wanted one.

When I purchased my 94 80 series, I remember just a handful on the lot, and the salesperson kept trying to steer me towards a 4Runner. It took a bit of arguing to actually even look at a Land Cruiser, and the salesperson seemed disappointed that I wanted one.
Exact same thing happened to me and my wife in '19 when looking at 200s.
Sales person didn't know s***.

Exact same thing happened to me and my wife in '19 when looking at 200s.
Sales person didn't know s***.
Yep, in 06 the Lexus dealer was much happier showing me a LX, than the Toyota dealer was showing me a LC, guess which one I bought.

I put a deposit on a 600 and the salesperson kept swaying me towards the 550.

I have some 60 series, not a huge enthusiast as I have a bunch of stuff but I think the 600 is a little more genuine to the LC300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom