DEATH VALLEY RUN! END OF MARCH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HELLO MUD

I am planing to take a trip to death valley at the end of march. I am looking to link up with some fellow land cruisers. I am in the beginning stages off planing a rout but if we can get a crew together we could plan something everyone is down for. i am looking for a 2-4 day trip hit some good wheeling and i would like to stay off pavement. let me know if anyone is down or planing to be out there the end of March.

MIKE

Look at CA 4wd there is a death valley trip planned for March

Where are you planning on going? I live in Bishop and I'm not far from DV. I spend a lot of time in the North End of the Valley.

What exact weekend are you looking at in March ?

Went to DV for the first time last weekend. Just my daughter and I. Mainly cruised around seeing the various points of interest...was neat to see. Campgrounds were full, we dispersed camped off Echo Canyon for 2 nights. Great spot IMO as it's pretty quiet and close to some of the main POI in the park. IDK about the weather reports for DV...was supposed to be 5-6 mph winds...HA!! Sustained 20-30 mph winds with huge gusts pounded us through the night.
dv.jpg

Might be interested in tagging along. I've wheeled camped in Panamint Valley, haven't camped in Death Valley yet. PM some details of what you have planned or are looking to do. I'm looking to do a trip 3-4 nights but not sure where yet. We did the Mojave Road trip this time last year.

Went to DV for the first time last weekend. Just my daughter and I. Mainly cruised around seeing the various points of interest...was neat to see. Campgrounds were full, we dispersed camped off Echo Canyon for 2 nights. Great spot IMO as it's pretty quiet and close to some of the main POI in the park. IDK about the weather reports for DV...was supposed to be 5-6 mph winds...HA!! Sustained 20-30 mph winds with huge gusts pounded us through the night.
View attachment 2604986
That sounds about right. DV is a great place to test the durability of your equipment. :lol:

Looks like I'm doing my own trip, Panamint Valley through Goler into Death Valley and adventure from there. Thursday-Sunday. 18-24
Enjoy - I'm taking 2 buds down on March 26th using an adjusted version of this route another MUD member shared. One of them is in a 4x4 Ford Transit (Quad Van conversion) so it might be a bit milder than this route - TBC.

Last edited:
Looks like the springs at Saline Valley may be open soon. We've been planning a weeklong DV trip for the end of March/first week of April.

"Planning" might be kind of a strong word here...

:lol:

Looks like the springs at Saline Valley may be open soon. We've been planning a weeklong DV trip for the end of March/first week of April.

"Planning" might be kind of a strong word here...

First week of April is Easter week so be prepared for a crowd in SV.

I'm thinking mid/late April.

First week of April is Easter week so be prepared for a crowd in SV.

I'm thinking mid/late April.
It be what it be. Hopefully that dead body they found in one of the source pools will be all washed out by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom