Death Road in Bolivia... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Anyone see this?

Love that show with all my heart. I watch every episode, though I wish we didn't have to wait 6 months to receive a cut transmission from the UK.

That was one of the best episodes aside from the how to kill a toyota episode. Plus they plugged the hell out of Metal Tech towards the end, and surely tested the cage!

I searched, anyone have a link for part 2? Would like to see if the old 40 made it to the top..

Yikes!
death-road_65.jpg

You can download the whole series through iTunes and watch it commercial free.

I love that show - every Monday on BBC america. The one where Richard Hammond crashed the Jet engine car was awesome a few weeks ago...

I hang out on AZFJ.org alot and a group of guys on there have a really nice off road shop called Expeditioneers. They were asked to organize some of the stuff for that show. Check it out Here is the link Expeditions-TopGear Oh yeah and Freaking Top Gear KICKS ASS!!!!! ;)

Vertigo inducing video

If there is not enough adrenaline surge driving the Death Road of Bolivia get out from behind the wheel and take this scenic walk--El Caminito Del Rey

El Caminito del Rey: Would you ever attempt this path? [VIDEO]

I've seen "trails/paths" like this on the Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland. They used to have wooden planks as well, so not quite so horrible as the iron railing and stanchions as the video. Which may also be the case that that path once had additional planks and a secondary guardrail to the left. Still, you are really asking for it - that stuff has been there a long ass time, and its load bearing capacity is um, sketchy at best.

I'm more impressed with the Jeep wagon photo earlier. Wondering if that was a get there via your own power, or dropped from a helicopter. Grin - there is a thought, get someone who has access to a skyhook or similar lifting choppy to put "Jeep Recovery Vehicle" on the nose somewhere.

Glenn

I'm more impressed with the Jeep wagon photo earlier. Wondering if that was a get there via your own power, or dropped from a helicopter. Grin - there is a thought, get someone who has access to a skyhook or similar lifting choppy to put "Jeep Recovery Vehicle" on the nose somewhere.

Glenn

I think that I remember seeing a discussion years ago of this photo and the conclusion was that it was faked. I do not recall if there is evidence of the fakery in the photo or whether someone actually knew how the picture was put together.

I think that I remember seeing a discussion years ago of this photo and the conclusion was that it was faked. I do not recall if there is evidence of the fakery in the photo or whether someone actually knew how the picture was put together.

X2, look at the "road edge", way too straight. In real life the edge would be more rounded or some of those rocks would have fallen off.

X2, look at the "road edge", way too straight. In real life the edge would be more rounded or some of those rocks would have fallen off.

I thought the same thing when I sa it - the edge is "too clean". Evenso, make you want to "pucker" just looking at it!

Did you notice the cable that is at arm level to hold onto? Heck , that makes it almost safe!

With the counter balance in your shorts, I would think any cable would be moot point.

I was on Black Bear for the 1st time 20 years ago and it was very narrow but not that narrow. I can tell you I could not get out of the 60 in that spot. The pucker factory was 10+times what it is today. The one switchback was the scariest part IMO...steep, narrow, tight, and 4 point turn while pointing straight down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom