Death blow by Wix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's why it's such a kick in the balls. I used to specifically choose the "better" wix filters and then this happens.
I've tried to explain my sudden negativity towards my non land cruiser car friends and they think i'm an idiot. Won't touch wix with a 10 ft pole. Gone back to OEM on all my cars. Easy and cheap and proven good filters (Toyota and Subaru). Doesn't make sense not to.
Same here for quite a while. OEM all the way from now on.

I've tried to explain my sudden negativity towards my non land cruiser car friends and they think i'm an idiot. Won't touch wix with a 10 ft pole. Gone back to OEM on all my cars. Easy and cheap and proven good filters (Toyota and Subaru). Doesn't make sense not to.
Me too.

Even though I personally have not had the issue, the risk is too high. I still use them for my Studebaker, though, because I don't have a good alternative that is proven otherwise. And that one doesn't have any fancy valve in it.

Me too.

Even though I personally have not had the issue, the risk is too high. I still use them for my Studebaker, though, because I don't have a good alternative that is proven otherwise. And that one doesn't have any fancy valve in it.
I disassembled a 1fz that had a napa gold wix on it (threw a rod) and found chunks of orange rubber in the block oil cooler, pan, some oil passages, etc.
Not touching em ever again.

Does anyone use the large Toyota 90915-TD004 filter? It is a substitute for the large 15600-41010 filter that everyone seems to be hoarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom