dealership or indipendenat mechanic referral in S. Orange County (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys/gals -

Our 2006 LX470 is rapidly approaching 10,000 miles and the first service that I have to pay out of pocket for.

My preferred dealership (Newport Lexus) wants $225 + taxes for what amounts to an oil and filter change and tire rotation. Lexus Mission Viejo is close to us but we've had very bad experiences with them in the past and I don't want to take the Beast to them.

I've called two local Toyota dealers to see if they'll service the rig (since it's basically a Landcruiser with the adj. suspension option) and one says they definitely will not touch the Lexus and the other has to get back to me (they used to service our old RX300).

Unfortunately, I'm not the least bit mechanically inclined nor do I have any tools I'd need to do the work myself. I know, I know... it's super easy to do and shame on me but that's reality.

If anyone knows of any good dealerships that they could recommend or even an independant mechanic that might specialize in Landcruisers, I'd love the referral.

I live in Dana Point and work in Irvine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bumping this for any updates specific for DP/SC/SJC.

my 100 rig has a loose front wheel bearing. Know how to fix, but don't have the bandwidth/tools. Driving to any mech outside far south OC carries too much risk for my baby.

If nothing comes to mind, I will have to take to Capistrano Valley Toyota as much as I hate to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Bumping this for any updates specific for DP/SC/SJC.

my 100 rig has a loose front wheel bearing. Know how to fix, but don't have the bandwidth/tools. Driving to any mech outside far south OC carries too much risk for my baby.

If nothing comes to mind, I will have to take to Capistrano Valley Toyota as much as I hate to do that.

Thanks in advance!
Have you considered using a mobile mechanic service? I'm sure there is some local in South Orange county .

Do not use the shop from my 2007 post linked!! I've been driving to SD Trux in La Jolla. 120 mile round trip, but I trust John like no other.

Capo Toyota seems to have changed owners or whatever again. I've taken my Prius' there but not my Landcruiser. Don't know if I trust them or not based on recommended 'upsells' from recent services on both my Prius'.

Do not use the shop from my 2007 post linked!! I've been driving to SD Trux in La Jolla. 120 mile round trip, but I trust John like no other.

Capo Toyota seems to have changed owners or whatever again. I've taken my Prius' there but not my Landcruiser. Don't know if I trust them or not based on recommended 'upsells' from recent services on both my Prius'.
Yes, I've seen grumblings here about that shop...darn.

mobile mechanic is a good idea. I will peruse the interweb for one. As you know, it's just really hard to trust mechanic in the LC-sphere. Don't ask me how I know;-(

Onward and forward I go.

Yes, I've seen grumblings here about that shop...darn.

mobile mechanic is a good idea. I will peruse the interweb for one. As you know, it's just really hard to trust mechanic in the LC-sphere. Don't ask me how I know;-(

Onward and forward I go.
I’m not sure if Primo Motorsports is too far for your comfort level. They are right off the 55, and just west of I-5. Maybe worth a flatbed tow, especially if you have AAA (or other) towing coverage.

Eric does good work, and I think he’s competitively priced for an independent auto repair. Certainly less than a dealership…

Good luck with the repairs!

I’m not sure if Primo Motorsports is too far for your comfort level. They are right off the 55, and just west of I-5. Maybe worth a flatbed tow, especially if you have AAA (or other) towing coverage.

Eric does good work, and I think he’s competitively priced for an independent auto repair. Certainly less than a dealership…

Good luck with the repairs!
Are they worthy of routine maintenance stuff? Would certainly be easier than the drive to La Jolla and SD Trux.

Are they worthy of routine maintenance stuff? Would certainly be easier than the drive to La Jolla and SD Trux.
I trust Eric at Primo for not only regular maintenance, but also bigger jobs that include modifications/fabrication. I can't vouch for his diagnostic skills, but that's only because I haven't brought him any problems requiring diagnosis. He's become my "go-to" mechanic for anything that I don't have the workspace, tools, skills, or inclination to do on my own.

Eating the words I already ate...well 1/2 of them anyway.

I had to jump start my rig (using energy pack) prior to taking to capo toy. I asked them to check out battery/charging system on top of the previously mentioned wheel bearing issue.

Response was battery was weak and dying. Recommended new battery @ $200+.Took to local parts store for independent free load test. All tested fine.

Par for the course.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom