dead clutch pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40's rock

SILVER Star
Threads
I was having as issue with my clutch, had to pump the pedal several times to get pressure on the clutch. After you built up pressure, it would last for a few blocks, but when you came to the the next red light, you would have to pump it up again to get pressure on the pedal. Suggestion was made that clutch master wasnt holding pressure (there were no fluid leaks anywhere, but the fluid had turned almost black.)
I replaced the clutch master with a beck/arney. Now, I have to pump the pedal twice to build pressure. I bled it until clean fluid with no air bubbles came out, and bled it again, and bled it again.
still no sign of fluid leaks and the clutch arm moves.....
Suggestions???? slave cylinder??? bad new master???

Hi All:

I would suggest replacing the clutch slave cylinder as well - generally these clutch parts should be replaced at the same time.

Good luck!

Alan

what up Perry!

yes, master and slave

Hi All:

I would suggest replacing the clutch slave cylinder as well - generally these clutch parts should be replaced at the same time.

Good luck!

Alan

did you " bench bled " the master before you instaled it ... and how long did you leave it unconnected form the line ?? sometimes they leak out just enough to create an air bubble that just won;t move down the line when bleeding just our $,02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom