Day Time Running Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

I'd like to disable the daytime running lights on my FJ. I know someone addressed this in "some forum" but I can't remeber which formum?

Can anyone help me out so I can disable my DRL?

Thanks

Chuck

Last edited:
Scooterpilot said:
Hi

I'm like to disable the daytime running lights on my FJ. I know someone addressed this in "some forum" but I can't remeber which formum?

Can anyone help me out so I can disable my DRL?

Thanks

Chuck

DRL Resistor module behind drivers headlight, Gray plug looks like a heatsink. Simply unplug it! (from FJ Cruiser Forums)

Curious as to why you want to disable the DRLs?:confused:

Bob

SurfPronto,

A firend of mine just bought an FJ and wanted to know how to disable the light.

Regards
:beer:

Previous posts were at https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=90750 and detail at least one good reason for occasionally disabling DRL. BTW you can also disable H3 DRL by following a specific start-up sequence using the light control switch in the cabin.

Go4aRyd,

Thanks for the information

:beer:

FYI, some insurance companies give you a small discount if the vehicle has DRL. I know Geico and USAA do, sure some others do as well. just something else do think about.

I have two options that are tricks but both leave
the PARK BRAKE lamp on.

1. Pull up the park brake one notch. (besure the
brake does not begin to set) This has to be done before
starting and cannot be set down after starting or the lights
come on.

2. Pull up the center consloe and install a switch in the
Park Brake wire.

Both of these work and leave the PARK BRAKE lamp on.
This may be good as to remind you that the DRL are off.:)

If anyone tries to add a switch to the headlight resister (instead of hard disconnect), let me know. I'm thinking that might be the best route - but am unsure if it is feasible. In the older days, you could put a switch on anything, but with ECUs and control units, adding a switch can be much more complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom