Dashboard Illumination Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last night I noticed darkness in the areas highlighted in the image I've attached. Is there a blown fuse if so need some help Identifying its location. Thanks
fullsizeoutput_dde.jpeg

I'm not certain but I don't think there is a fuse just for those areas. The lower part with knobs and disk slot is a separate component than the upper with hazard and climate buttons, and if these both had elements not lighting up I'd suspect a wiring issue behind the units.

So the knobs light up? And the buttons along the left edge of the display? Temp adjust buttons under the dash vents? Cigarette lighter and ashtray?

Ive got this going on too.
Happened a few days back. I haven’t taken the display apart and all fuses are good. Just the illumination on the center console buttons. And I suspect as a result the map does not go into night mode regardless of the rheostat settings left of the steering wheel.
Did you do something to fix it?
@Bendcruiser
I'm not certain but I don't think there is a fuse just for those areas. The lower part with knobs and disk slot is a separate component than the upper with hazard and climate buttons, and if these both had elements not lighting up I'd suspect a wiring issue behind the units.

So the knobs light up? And the buttons along the left edge of the display? Temp adjust buttons under the dash vents? Cigarette lighter and ashtray?

Last night I noticed darkness in the areas highlighted in the image I've attached. Is there a blown fuse if so need some help Identifying its location. ThanksView attachment 2423322
update: no lights on steering wheel, shifter, the panel left of steering with headlight washer etc. , cigarette lighter not working. All the backlighting illumination not working. Trying like crazy to avoid Tuesday's appointment at Toyota!

Ive got this going on too.
Happened a few days back. I haven’t taken the display apart and all fuses are good. Just the illumination on the center console buttons. And I suspect as a result the map does not go into night mode regardless of the rheostat settings left of the steering wheel.
Did you do something to fix it?
@Bendcruiser
No luck yet. Wanted to look at fuses on drivers' side but can't figure out how to get panel off!

No luck yet. Wanted to look at fuses on drivers' side but can't figure out how to get panel off!

The panel comes off by unclicking the black lower panel cover in 4 spots or so then just pops off.
But the fuse you should be looking for is on the driver side. 10amp fuse for the lights and a separate fuse for the cigarette lighter if that’s not functional. (I don’t recall the amperage)

The panel comes off by unclicking the black lower panel cover in 4 spots or so then just pops off.
But the fuse you should be looking for is on the driver side. 10amp fuse for the lights and a separate fuse for the cigarette lighter if that’s not functional. (I don’t recall the amperage)
Sorry, misread. But same principal. It just pops off on the drivers side as well. If you need to remove that lower dash panel there are also a couple of screws to undo.

Update, back from the dealer today with a little news. They found a blown fuse but have not located the cause? They think there's a short or grounding issue caused by a rodent? Bringing it back next week for them to look behind audio where the short is likely located. $145 for today and that number is going way up I'm sure next week. The fuel pump will be replaced next week as well as per the Toyota recall. More to follow......Spray peppermint in your engine bay as a rodent deterrent. This is not fun!

Update, back from the dealer today with a little news. They found a blown fuse but have not located the cause? They think there's a short or grounding issue caused by a rodent? Bringing it back next week for them to look behind audio where the short is likely located. $145 for today and that number is going way up I'm sure next week. The fuel pump will be replaced next week as well as per the Toyota recall. More to follow......Spray peppermint in your engine bay as a rodent deterrent. This is not fun!
That same fuse for me keeps blowing. Did you ever track down the culprit?

That same fuse for me keeps blowing. Did you ever track down the culprit?
They found the blown (illumination) fuse under the shifter area? That's what the service manager described. I'm not clear that there is a fuse in that location? They think the cause was a loose long wire behind my brake controller, which I had installed. They shortened the wire and reconnected it and that seems to be it? Unless of course they charged me $350 for a blown fuse!!!!!! WHO KNOWS?

They found the blown (illumination) fuse under the shifter area? That's what the service manager described. I'm not clear that there is a fuse in that location? They think the cause was a loose long wire behind my brake controller, which I had installed. They shortened the wire and reconnected it and that seems to be it? Unless of course they charged me $350 for a blown fuse!!!!!! WHO KNOWS?
Thanks a bunch or the follow up.
i too installed a brake controller and left the wires kinda long. Its a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom