Dash Vent ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When the lever on the vent is on air always moves through the vents? The reason I ask is I just clean out the evaporator and the amount of air seems greater now. The dash vent will always blow air right? thx matt

Mine does :meh:

It will not blow if the fan is off and its on recirc. otherwise air should flow from the center vents. This is true unless you replace your center vents with closeable side vents (good mod).

Dynosoar:zilla:

also make sure your air intake isn't completly smothered by leaves and pine needles like mine was :hillbilly:

DSCN4454-vi.jpg

I have cleaned out that cavity the Joe_E pictured (I recommend a Shop Vac.) but I don't know where the evaporator is.

Where is it? :D

The evaporator is the first unit after the blower motor. The blower motor side of the evaporator had this slit and fuzz in it. No fun to clean. The evaporator is the inside A/C core. It comes out in one piece you don't have to remove to many screws to gat it out but the first time you don't know that. I used a pin to get the big stuff than I pluggged the A/C holes and took it to the bath tub and used a 1 inch wide paint brush in the tub to carefully wash the fins out as gentle as possible. You don't want to bend them. matt

Which compartment is that? Behind the wiper motor?? :confused:

Yes. To the left of that photo there is a drain pipe inside the fender that runs down which is supposed to let water out, but if its clogged with leaves that doesn't happen.

Yes. To the left of that photo there is a drain pipe inside the fender that runs down which is supposed to let water out, but if its clogged with leaves that doesn't happen.
which also leads to rust. Mine was a mess too. Lots of pulling out carp by hand followed by flushing with a garden hose. It's harder to get at, but check the other side too. It's behind that plate above the master cylinders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom