For Sale Dash Pods Modified to fit 60 Series Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevinmrowland

Forum Lifer
Threads
Website
www.wagongear.com
I think I will pass these two dash pods on to someone new.
A bit of cash in the bank is better right now that cool parts on the shelf unfortunately.

175ea, 300 for both together.
Eugene, OR

These have been pieced together from multiple components, the pods are actually both 70 series pods with the grey vinyl that matches the 60 series interiors.
The one center section is a 4runner inclinometer (not the trecel kind, but the kind with the cute little truck icon) and the other one is a 70 series center with the altimeter and outside temp display. I have never used the 70 centner and it's possible that it may be 24v. I have the temp sensor and the mounting bracket, but the bracket dose not do much good since both the pods have been trimmed in the back to sit flat on a 60 series dash.
We used the inclinometer center and mounted gauges in the other one.

This seems to be the bet pic I have of them in place, not much but you get the idea:

RadioIPodPods.jpg

The inclinometer pod:

IMG_8563.jpg

The alt/temp pod:

IMG_8567.jpg

The back of one pod shell has a hole in it that worked great to run the oil pressure line out and down behind the dash.

IMG_8564.jpg

Both pods have been trimmed down on the back edge to sit level on the slope of a 60s dash.

IMG_8571.jpg

You can see the ground down portion here:

IMG_8572.jpg

They also both have a sticky butyl residue on the mounting surfaces that I used to make sure they did not squeak on the dash (vinyl on vinyl is not a nice sound).

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

Thanks for looking,
KR

I'd buy that thermometer pod if you hadn't ruined it. Dang 60 people, hacking up perfectly good 70 series accessories....

I knew you were just jealous.

For prospective buyers: you won't find a seller more trustworthy and helpful than kevin

:cheers:

So the clinometer got my attention, did you trim the base?, or is it flat?, I have an 80 that will look really cool with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using IH8MUD

The inclinometer is flat across the lower front, I trimmed the back of the pod since they have a step down to fit the profile of the 70 dash (also flat).

I'm not thinking that they would look very good on an 80 dash though, there is nothing flat. Where were you thinking you could put them? I'll take a pic to show you what it looks like if you let me know.

KR

Video to clear things up:

Hi KR,

Thanks so much for the indepth video that was awesome! I was wondering if you are going to sell them, how much and if you would post to Australia?? I think it is such an awesome idea, I love the Tercel internals. Please feel free to message me if you can. I am new to this sorry.

Cheers, Ben

I think I will pass these two dash pods on to someone new.
A bit of cash in the bank is better right now that cool parts on the shelf unfortunately.

175ea, 300 for both together.
Eugene, OR

These have been pieced together from multiple components, the pods are actually both 70 series pods with the grey vinyl that matches the 60 series interiors.
The one center section is a 4runner inclinometer (not the trecel kind, but the kind with the cute little truck icon) and the other one is a 70 series center with the altimeter and outside temp display. I have never used the 70 centner and it's possible that it may be 24v. I have the temp sensor and the mounting bracket, but the bracket dose not do much good since both the pods have been trimmed in the back to sit flat on a 60 series dash.
We used the inclinometer center and mounted gauges in the other one.

This seems to be the bet pic I have of them in place, not much but you get the idea:

RadioIPodPods.jpg

The inclinometer pod:

IMG_8563.jpg

The alt/temp pod:

IMG_8567.jpg

The back of one pod shell has a hole in it that worked great to run the oil pressure line out and down behind the dash.

IMG_8564.jpg

Both pods have been trimmed down on the back edge to sit level on the slope of a 60s dash.

IMG_8571.jpg

You can see the ground down portion here:

IMG_8572.jpg

They also both have a sticky butyl residue on the mounting surfaces that I used to make sure they did not squeak on the dash (vinyl on vinyl is not a nice sound).

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

Thanks for looking,
KR
Is the inclinometer pod still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom