Daddy's got some new gear! SLEE & 4x4Labs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pathfinder

I am the STIG
Threads
Well I've been saving my sheckles and I got some new stuff for my cruiser. Thought I would do my part to support the cruiser economy. ;)

Got a package from Luke @ 4x4labs and got it mounted over the weekend. His quality and attention to details I've heard about but to see it for myself... Its a work of art. :cool:

I now have 3 bottle openers! I mean who really needs 3? :D

Got my firestick mounted and Im happy with the look. Not really noticeable however still provides good transmission and reception.

Word to the wise. make sure you have someone to help you install it. Its heavy, HEAVY, 225 LBS HEAVY!!! My Dad came down from GA to visit so I got him to help me install it.

Two areas where I had to mod the bumper:

• One was the stop for the swingouts was to high. It came in contact with the rear tailgate body cladding. I just used a flap wheel and shaved it down. Then I brushed on some duplicolor bed liner and it looks like new.
  • The 2nd was every bolt hole had to be re-drilled because of the powder coating. This was not a huge deal just made getting it mounted take 1 hour longer than it would have otherwise
Overall:
I love the bumper and would buy it again. I cannot wait to get it off-road soon!!

Suspension

I also did some modding to my suspension:

Was running OME 851 (with 1 inch spacer) and OME 863's. I was also using MAF caster drop brackets.

I opted to go with 850J's with no spacers and use SLEE's caster plates. I like this combo much better.

I think the difference in the spring rate before made for a weird ride. The front felt sloppy (was running OME Long shocks on all 4 corners)

Now the ride feels positive and way I like it. The combo of the J's and 863's is perfect for my tastes. Nice and level.

Well enough with the chat here are a couple of photos.

Enjoy:

IMG_9706.jpg

IMG_9710.jpg

IMG_9711.jpg

IMG_9712.jpg

IMG_9713.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

IMG_9716.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

IMG_9718.jpg

IMG_9719.jpg

IMG_9720.jpg

IMG_9721.jpg

IMG_9722.jpg

IMG_9723.jpg

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9725.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

Very nice, I'm jealous!

Sweeeet! jealous x2!

can anyone give me a heads-up on where to find more info on 4X4 Labs?

Aside from here, check their website: 4×4 Labs or buzz Luke there.

(I'm sure there is others)

That's a sweet bumper. I got a lot of saving up to do. Very jealous

I know the feeling. I've been saving for 6 months for this. :D man it feels good!

Very nice. I did have the same problem, drilling out the powder coat on mine.

One question, where did you route the coax for the antenna?

Very nice. I did have the same problem, drilling out the powder coat on mine.

One question, where did you route the coax for the antenna?

I routed it down the PS of the truck under the kick plates. There is a drain at the rear of the truck that I routed it through. The drain still drains and I did not have to the drill any new holes.

Very nice! Im plotting a rear bumper as well on my 80 but cant come up with the pros/cons of a singe versus double swing gate. Is that "V" not a universal bottle opener?

Looks great!

Luke is the man. I like using his stuff.

There should only be 1 bottle opener-on the side of the basket. The holes in the bumper body are for the nose of the hi-lift.

Congrats, you have a nice looking truck, with some excellent functional gear.

Looks great!

Luke is the man. I like using his stuff.

There should only be 1 bottle opener-on the side of the basket. The holes in the bumper body are for the nose of the hi-lift.

Congrats, you have a nice looking truck, with some excellent functional gear.

that makes sense. I was wondering why 3 now that makes it even better. :doh:

I bet it feels sweet to have saved up and gotten it done! Cool thing is... it feels good, but it looks even better!!! Nice looking rig w bumper! :hmm: adding to the list :doh:

:cheers:

Looks :cool:
Regarding the Slee caster plates; did you end up welding a bead or just left it without welding?

Salue

is that the hardware supplied with the caster plates? I'd throw some stover nuts on those.

:popcorn:Awesome!!!!!Very cool mods......Need to do my rear bumper soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom