Cylinder help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my boyfriend has a Land cruiser 60 series wagon, manual 2h turbo diesel 6 cylinder.

He's had it for about 2 months I guess. At first it just sounded like your normal tractor like diesel sound (idk how else to explain) but there wasn't anything wrong with it.

But about a month ago we got stranded up when we took it onto the beach because the fuel primer spring broke. So that got replaced and then about 2 weeks after we put a new filter in.

But now the sound of the car is just different?(which we got a new filter hoping it would help)
Like when you reverse and you go slowly, his will just stall and shudder if the car goes too slow. The sound isn't the normal diesel rumble, it sounds like it's choking as if the fuel isn't circulating through properly? Cause it blows a lot of dark soot even at the littlest bit of acceleration.

My sisters boyfriend is a mechanic (but we don't get along at all so there's no way getting him to help, he won't) and one day he had to move my boyfriends car when he was away and said that one of the cylinders wasn't working at that was why it'd lost power.

Plus it takes so long to actually start now? It use to take a while cause of the glow plugs but now it's like 8 attempts for it to start sometimes or it'll break down.

Any thoughts to why the cylinder wouldn't be working please?

(Sorry for the paragraph, but he's too stubborn to take it to a mechanics, so if you's have any ideas AT ALL of what could cause the cylinder to not work etc I'd appreciate it.)

Could be a lot of things, clogged air filter. Clogged primary or secondary fuel filter. Bad diesel. Bad injector/s. Air getting into the fuel system. All these things need to be addressed to cross them off the list

Could be a lot of things, clogged air filter. Clogged primary or secondary fuel filter. Bad diesel. Bad injector/s. Air getting into the fuel system. All these things need to be addressed to cross them off the list
Okay thank you :)

Your boyfriend needs to have the compression tested, it needs a diesel compression tester ,not a petrol engine tester. It could also be other things like a bad injector. Air getting into the fuel system is the most common problem diesels have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom