CVT's "new" 270 degree awning - anyone seen in person? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed that CVT has a relatively new 270 awning: 270 Degree Awning - https://cascadiatents.com/products/270-degree-awning

Being that it is fairly new, I can't find any actual reviews on the interwebs. Anyone have any experience with this? I was looking at the OVS options, but I like that this has more of a squared off back, as well as the little prop to keep water from pooling. The CVT also comes in 2 sizes (like the OVS), which I'm debating since I like that my 6.5 foot Ironman doesn't stick out like a missile launcher past my window, but I would love more coverage over the back of the truck at camp.

We're planning a trip to Vancouver Island in early July, and it might be really nice to have. That's kind of the opposite direction of Bend, so I'm not sure I can rationalize a trip south this month :).

I got the ironman xtr71 which is very, very similar and similar cost as well, to the CVT 2.0. I got it on black friday for an amazing deal.
Mine is mounted on an fj40, fits perfect. I like it. I f I had a larger vehicle I would go with one of the higher priced , larger units but I was after light weigth and 78" total length.

I got the ironman xtr71 which is very, very similar and similar cost as well, to the CVT 2.0. I got it on black friday for an amazing deal.
Mine is mounted on an fj40, fits perfect. I like it. I f I had a larger vehicle I would go with one of the higher priced , larger units but I was after light weigth and 78" total length.
Thanks, I probably should look at the Ironman ones closer. I'm real happy with our 6.5 foot model, just want a wrap around option.

I'm like 40 minutes from their Sherwood, OR location, so assuming they have gear on display it would be worth the trip.

I went Ironman because their customer support is great, not familiar with CVT. I also got Ironmans roof bag both on black friday , saved $400 over retail, even with TLCA disc. Nothing against CVT tho.

I went Ironman because their customer support is great, not familiar with CVT. I also got Ironmans roof bag both on black friday , saved $400 over retail, even with TLCA disc. Nothing against CVT tho.
My experience has been quite the opposite. Ironman’s support sucked and CVT’s was top notch. I won my RTT in a contest that CVT ran a few years ago. They treated me like I had purchased it when I needed anything. Ironman on the other hand, I bought a used 6.5’ awning from a friend and I bought a brand new screen room for it direct from Ironman. The awning needed a new bag. I called them to get a new one and the answer was, “Well we don’t sell them but you can buy a new awning.” I took a chance that the OVS replacement bag would fit and it did.

Its bad customer service to tell a customer you dont have what they want ??? Maybe they literally dont have extra covers ??? Bad business decision maybe but unless the sales person on the phone was rude, dismissive, etc... OK thats bad customer service but to simply say Nope, don't sell them separate, MEH....

The bags can take a beating. To not have replacements available is a strategically bad idea. Then again, maybe their awnings are so cheap that replacing the whole thing is more cost effective? If that is the case then I'm pretty sure that I'm not interested in one.

As tot he CVT awning, this thread was the first that I'd heard of them. As I'm looking for an awning with some admittedly pretty difficult to meet constraints I'm going to have a look at them.

Its bad customer service to tell a customer you dont have what they want ??? Maybe they literally dont have extra covers ??? Bad business decision maybe but unless the sales person on the phone was rude, dismissive, etc... OK thats bad customer service but to simply say Nope, don't sell them separate, MEH....
Yes, it was bad customer service to tell me they don't have what I wanted in the matter-of-fact and dismissive way he did. Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe I was having a bad day. My perception of the customer service experience from CVT has been nothing but positive. Not so much with Ironman.

This is good feedback, my exp with Ironman was the opposite. No exp with CVT. I am curious as their 270 is the second in weight and just a bit longer than the Ironman XTR71. CVT does have some nice acc. if you poke around their site. Says they merged with Klymit .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom