Cutmaster 42 died quick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hubya.com
So I ordered a Cutmaster 42 from EBay. Indiana Oxygen. They had the best price I could find - $914 shipped. Got it set up last night and got all the filters and air supply pressure correct. made a few cuts and was happy. My first experience with a plasma so I don't really know what to compare it to.

This morning I was ready to take on a few projects. Fired up the machine and it immediately lit up the temp light. shut it off and tried again. I could press the trigger for only a second or so before it did the same thing.

Called Victor, they said it was probably a board issue. After finding out that the nearest service center was 3 hours away they had me call Indiana Oxygen for a new machine.

Indiana Oxygen got my info, confirmed with Victor, and authorized a replacement to be sent out. About 20 minutes later they called back to confirm that Victor had a replacement on the way. I would receive a return label.

So as disappointed as I was about the problem I was very happy with the service. Indiana Oxygen told me that they have had good luck with these machines and they were surprised at the problem. Hopefully this is not an indicator of things to come. I do know that the 42 is made overseas unlike the rest of the Cutmaster line. Hopefully I won't regret the purchase.

Sucks to hear that it crapped out so quickly, but that's pretty awesome customer service! Keep us posted on how the replacement works out for you.

Ok. Finally got to do some cutting with it. My 12 year old son cut a bunch 16 gauge metal with it and it worked great. In the middle of that project I made a couple of quick cuts in some 3/8ths steel and it worked flawlessly. For me I think it is going to be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom