Custom snorkel thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
Okay, debating custom snorkel. I'm also debating (for various reasons) to put the primary air filter atop the snorkel (there is no room left in the hood for a good filter (as strange as that sounds).

I don't want a ghetto get-up; but I need it on the passenger side (ARB only does driver's side for the 40 right?). I want it to look nice; look respectable. There was a recent thread as to someone's custom snorkel that I personally thought looked good, but one can never tell just from pictures.

Debating a metal one custom bent. Don't know if I can get some thin wall 2.5 or 3" bent to what I want, but also need to know if anyone has any suggestions as to what kind of (preferrably paper element) filter that wouldn't be too large that could be enclosed to fit on top.

How bad an idea are these?

if you put the filter at the top of the snorkel the snorkel in under vacuum so ANY leaks will pull in water.

You can buy mandrel bent exhaust bends and donuts - cut the bend you need and weld in - cleaner bend too.

Let me know if you need a cap for your snorkle. Somewhere I have 2 or 3 used snorkle tops. I think one is a safari and the other is opposite lock. Anyways, an idea for your custom tubes...

were you thinking of doing a custom snorkel just because you want it on the passenger side? check this link out if you're interested in skipping the hassle of making one yourself. talk to kevin

Look into the readers ride section; there are a few custom units in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom