CUSTOM BUMPERS FOR SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well... WOW is term I'd use C. She said she wanted something different. That is definitely a different design and color for sure. However, I like the two-tone flake.. I wish I had a powder coater near me. Oh the trouble I could get into.

I still feel she has some 49ers genes in here somewhere though... HEE HEE! Had a couple of the Honey Ales last night. TASTY!

WHERE'S YOURS? Tonight's project?

Jason

Alrighty boys, get your sunglasses on! Here are the wife's bumpers for her BJ71 that Jason built. She chose an.........unconventional color and she loves it! The powder coating boys were oooooing and awwwing over them before they were installed. I'm still not convinced about the color, but I know the design looks great!

IMGP3311-XL.jpg

IMGP3321-XL.jpg

IMGP3325-XL.jpg

IMGP3324-XL.jpg

IMGP3329-XL.jpg

IMGP3334-XL.jpg

Is that a raspberry/black or candy red / black vein with clear topcoat? Do you know which manufacturer...Prismatic? , Tiger?

Is that a raspberry/black or candy red / black vein with clear topcoat? Do you know which manufacturer...Prismatic? , Tiger?
Prismatic Powders Black Frost with Lollipop Red top coat. The wife picked it out from the website and the powder coater knocked it out of the park! It looks fantastic, I'm just not sure it looks right on a gold rig.....

So I'm trying to source these horizontal hold down clamps
DE-STA-CO 341-R Latch Clamp, Horiz, w/Lever, 2000 Lbs, 2.89
$40 on Ebay and same on Amazon.com. k

so the Canadian price starts at $65 US ( converts to $78 CAN ) on Amazon.ca

I call the local dealer in Duncan BC. He looks them up, gives me the old 'it'll be 7-10 days with our regular order' Note he is
20 miles from my house. His price .....drum roll.... $112 CAN and the real sticker, since I said 'Hey, give me the SS price'
" $251 CAN

Welcome to trying to do stuff in Canada

I call the local dealer in Duncan BC. He looks them up, gives me the old 'it'll be 7-10 days with our regular order' Note he is
20 miles from my house. His price .....drum roll.... $112 CAN and the real sticker, since I said 'Hey, give me the SS price'
" $251 CAN

J, OUCH!!

I get these for 39-43$ USD with free shipping.. The SS version runs around 78$USD..

J

I

" $251 CAN

I could send one or two to Blaine, WA for you....

Jason

Thanks Jason,
I'm in Fresno right now and will have a couple sent to my hotel here from amazon.
I'll get a couple of the plunger locks too. Should work out ok.
I guess as a DIY'er we source out the stuff we see everyone using. I do know that reality wise,
its not much cheaper building over buying from someone like you or Dave. We just like to do our own thing.
I first saw it on Mike's ( Phoenicians rig ) and then MarkN 's 60 build. So I'm home in June and going to
wrap up the bumper then.
BTW: MarkN bolted your spindles to his bumper, he has yet to post pics. I find this very cool, as when I'm around town
I don't need or want to pack the weight. So as soon as he has posts it up I will copy. I'll be updating my bumpers build
at that time.
Jon

Thanks Jason,
I'm in Fresno right now and will have a couple sent to my hotel here from amazon.
I'll get a couple of the plunger locks too. Should work out ok.
I guess as a DIY'er we source out the stuff we see everyone using. I do know that reality wise,
its not much cheaper building over buying from someone like you or Dave. We just like to do our own thing.
I first saw it on Mike's ( Phoenicians rig ) and then MarkN 's 60 build. So I'm home in June and going to
wrap up the bumper then.
BTW: MarkN bolted your spindles to his bumper, he has yet to post pics. I find this very cool, as when I'm around town
I don't need or want to pack the weight. So as soon as he has posts it up I will copy. I'll be updating my bumpers build
at that time.
Jon

NO worries, I love guys that are DIY savvy.. I pull any and all details I can from you guys...

If it doesn't work out with the items, let me know.. and I'll get them shipped ASAP for you.

J

Finally got J's bumper installed today. Looks awesome.

I've got 2 questions for you J. The swing arms take alot of force to open and close. Probably 20lbs. Should i sand down the brass bushings?

And this doesn't look quite right to me

I was thinking of just putting another cap on the top. Where did you get them?. Or maybe cut the post down to size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom