Custom 4x4labs Bumper Kit Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple thoughts.... First I would have put the nylon pads for the swing outs on the bumper rather than on the swing outs. With them on the swing outs they will rub the finish (paint or powdercoat) off the bumper and you'll have a nice spot for rust on the bumper. With the nylon attached to the bumper, you might get a little of the same thing but it's on the bottom of the swing out arm and not visible.

Here's how I handled the hi-lift on my swingout. Just a simple plate for the base with a short peice of solid bar stock to fit into one of the holes on the jack base. You wouldn't need to add such a tall verticle support like I did, but I needed a mount for my rear facing work lamp. The high-lift is held on by a single large wingnut. Hasn't wiggled loose or rattled one bit in the past year of riding back there.

Thanks for all the info. I was going to put the plastic on the bumper but there is a large gap between the two swing out arms. It would need to be a real large chunk so I stuck it to the arms. If i was doing it again i would have Luke make the arms a touch longer and put a small single chunk of plastic on the top of the bumper as you said.

I never used the parts for the Hi-lift on the 4x4Labs I built. I keep my Hi-lift inside, out of the elements.

Keep in mind, you might want to use the can carrier for water cans after you get your subtank.

Thanks for all the help guys. I got the Hi Lift all mounted up real tight in there. That was about the hardest part of all. I ended up welding the tire clover to the post rather than using the bolts. I also put it on a little angle and up real close to the rear gate. It's nice and close, hope not too close that it bounces into the rear gate at some point. I also decided to weld the units to the swing arms instead of using the bolts as normal.

It went to the paint place today to get a coat of color matched powder.
DSCN2867.jpg
DSCN2868.jpg

It's Done!

Well other than the fact that i'm missing one of the spindle seals. I think my 4 year old assistant might have helped with that.
DSCN2876.JPG
DSCN2875.JPG
DSCN2874.JPG

Some More Pictures
DSCN2873.JPG
DSCN2872.JPG
DSCN2871.JPG

A couple more.
DSCN2870.JPG
DSCN2869.JPG

That looks really nice! The 4x4Labs is definitely my favourite rear bumper. Is that paint or powdercoat?

That looks really nice! The 4x4Labs is definitely my favourite rear bumper. Is that paint or powdercoat?

Powdercoat!

They have thousands of colors of powder coats.

nice work!

Nice job with it.

Looks good!

Well other than the fact that i'm missing one of the spindle seals. ...

Should be able to get one at a parts store, take the other one, or the part number off of it and tell them it's for a trailer hub/spindle.

Thats a good looking unit.

Thanks guys.

I'll have to check on the spindle seal. The other one is up in the tire holder now, so I hate to pull it out at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom