Cup holders ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I know this is a petty and stupid question but I'm still waiting to get my hands on the -80 I bought (waiting for border paperwork and title).

My wife wants to know if the rig we bought has cup holders or not. I'll go back and check it out later this week but having seen some references to cup holders (or lack of) - do most 80 TLCs have cup holders?

What gives...?? ???

You've got two can sized holders, one up-n-under the ashtray in the center console, one by the driver's right buttcheek sticking out the side of the center storage box. Not too great.

You can fit an OEM cupholder in an otherwise worthless slot in the dash.http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_interior_main.htm

Myself, I use the large hole in between the center storage box and the shifter area for cups, change, trash..... whatever.

Gotta watch it with the center console, it gets quite hot. Just wondering, how many people have lost their console carpet?

Still got mine.
I added two jumbo cupholders when I changed the console top. The two holes are worthless and the center one dies get hot and is often full of crap. It does make a jim-dandy change-tossing spot though. My wife got a $10 tip out of cleaning my truck yesterday. :D
The cup holder in the dash is a giant waste of money, IMHO. I had one just like it in my T100 and it sucked. Beverages all down the radio and heater controls. Besides, that worthless slot holds a Garmin GPS mount very nicely.

[quote author=Jon916996748 link=board=2;threadid=4096;start=0#msg30210 date=1059973649]
Gotta watch it with the center console, it gets quite hot. Just wondering, how many people have lost their console carpet?
[/quote]

Up until a few weeks ago I was completely unaware that there even was a carpet for the center console; mine's been nekkid since the day I bought it a few years back.

Yeh, drinks do warm up if you stick them in that area, but I drink so darn fast it doesn't have too much of an effect on what's in there. ;) Besides, there's nothing like sticking some hot change in your pocket on a cold winter day!

"Besides, that worthless slot holds a Garmin GPS mount very nicely"

Good to know! :D

Re:Cup holders ? (carpet for console?)

Sorry but I don't understand the carpet for the center console. What does this do? Where does it go?
how does carpet give you a cup holder?

The center hole of the console, right in front of the lid, works well as a cup holder. It has a little peice of carpet on the bottom that covers the screw heads. Many people have lost this little piece of carpet and it was the subject of a thread recently.

You forgot the cup holder on the driver seat between your legs :D Its worth $$$$$$$$ if you drink McCoffee
kurt

You forgot the cup holder on the driver seat between your legs Its worth $$$$$$$$ if you drink McCoffee

Some of us here *cough* JUNK *cough* dont have to worry about such problems! :D :D :D

Gumby said:
Still got mine.
I added two jumbo cupholders when I changed the console top. The two holes are worthless and the center one dies get hot and is often full of crap. It does make a jim-dandy change-tossing spot though. My wife got a $10 tip out of cleaning my truck yesterday. :D
The cup holder in the dash is a giant waste of money, IMHO. I had one just like it in my T100 and it sucked. Beverages all down the radio and heater controls. Besides, that worthless slot holds a Garmin GPS mount very nicely.
Looking at this old post and wondered how you add 2 jumbo holders> Did you replace the top on your console? With what?
thanks
Jay

shocker said:
one up-n-under the ashtray in the center console,
QUOTE]

are you saying there is suppose to be a cupholder in the dash below the ahstray? my truck only has the one on the side of the console

I think he's referring to the one in front of the shifter.

that's a cup holder? dont think i could get a cup in there, lots of change resides there

I was thinking perhapse the hidden slot below the ashtray could have housed a cup holder in some vehicles by that post

RavenTai said:
that's a cup holder? dont think i could get a cup in there, lots of change resides there

I was thinking perhapse the hidden slot below the ashtray could have housed a cup holder in some vehicles by that post

there is an insert cup holder for the slot above

E

Yep, 95-97.
Just installed on in the wife's 450. She's been bugging me to get that one installed for a while.

The in-dash drink holder is more than worth the 40 or 50 bucks -- especially since there really isn't else available.

We LX owners don't have the bin for drinks -- got a speaker there. Beside, I recall on my ol' 94 that if I wasn't careful, my cup had a tendency to tip forward when braking.

Now I need something to hold the big-a$$ed 64oz cups I like to use on long trips...

I've been thinking about that lack of carpet and how hot that console hole gets. The kitchen stores have started selling these silicon hot pads--thats a thing to grab a hot pan for you domestically challenged types--that come in about a 3/16" thick square. These things are fantastic insulators and could easily be cut to perfectly fit in that hole and protect your cup, coins, pocket-fuzz... whatever from heating up. Here's a link:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=105107&RN=114

These are some bling, but you can find them more inexpensively by spending some quality time with your S.O. at the local notion store. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

The spillfree company also makes a expandable cupholder that mounts to the console in front of the transfer case shifter. The second row cupholder mounts to the rear of the center console and was covered in another thread.

John

I think the bnest ones I've seen that I think will work quite well is for a LR Disco (from the dealer).

I think they are sold in packs of 2 and they mount in the 'ridge' that runs around the console where the shifters are (ie half in and half out). They look quite good - I just need to go to a dealer and do a trial fit. I noticed them in some friends' disco and thought - hey these are perfrect...

Cheers, Hugh (still with my custom drink holders which I quite like)

Yeah Hugh, I just saw those today at expeditionexchange.com.
Don't know what the dealers want for them, but this site has them quoted for $55 for a pair -- in tan or grey. Don't know if they'd fit, but I'd be willing to try it out. Maybe I'll check the local dealership for a tester. Looks like a pretty clean install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom