Cup Holder Insert needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
My neighbor has an FJ Cruiser and asked me if I could make her some new inserts for her cup holders. She has the factory rubber inserts but lost one and melted another in the dishwasher. I went ahead and designed a CAD file of it and printed a couple for her. She talked with some of her FJ buddies who also wanted them. I made one batch which sold pretty quick. My question to you guys is; would you be interested in one/two of the inserts? They are not rubber like the OEM ones are. These are made of ABS plastic and have the "FJ" logo embossed on the bottom. They would be around $12 each or $20 for a pair. I need to look into shipping, but it should be in the $3-$4 range. Here are some pics of the first one I made that is in her FJ now.

Well after 43 views and no interest I will go ahead and can the idea of a 2nd batch. Maybe in a few years when Toyota no longer has any of the inserts in stock; I will bring back the idea of making more.

How do they hold up in the dishwasher?

How do they hold up in the dishwasher?
It's ABS plastic which can handle temps up to almost 300 degrees Fahrenheit. A dishwasher won't even get to 1/2 that. The plastic will hold up fine.

Still have my original rubber ones after 11 years and 180,000+ miles.

A couple of my buddies are FJ owners and members on a couple FJ forums. You guys may see them ask about interest as well. If there is enough interest here and whatever forums they use then I will go ahead a make a medium sized batch. If they sell well then I will make a large batch.

Last edited:
Post up to NorCalFJ.com with a bright, clear pic.
I definitely need better pics. I didn't take them. I asked my neighbor to take them when she had a chance and that's what she sent me. I will get better pics when I have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom