CSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing new to a lot of people in this group, pick up version of a Land Cruiser :)

7b1d3890-6b83-45e4-99a9-906edf902d71-jpg.180602

35ca36f3-2fb1-4fd5-977a-5817786dcdc2-jpg.180603

More info at Somebody put a Land Cruiser front end on a Tundra

I got sandwiched in the middle of about 30 Jeeps this morning (no exaggeration) coming out of the Giant station in Winkleman at 9 am. They all turned off in Mammoth and assuming doing Rug Road. Thinking they might have a long day and night with that large a group.:hmm:

Ironic a friend of mine was going the other direction stuck in about the same size group of "Suicidal Bikers" as he put it.

Tiz the season..;)

2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition debuts before Chicago Auto Show

OFFICIAL Jan 23rd 2019 at 10:15AM
The off-road Toyota gets a fresh look
dims

dims

Special edition cars can be a bit lame sometimes, but we wouldn't consider the 2020Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition, honoring six decades of continuous Land Cruiser production and set to debut at the Chicago Auto Show, to be one of them. We'll complain about meaningless badging from time to time, but take a look at the vintage"Toyota Land Cruiser" badge behind the rear window. The "Toyota" font and scripted "Land Cruiser" are about as old-school-cool as it gets, folks. It makes us wish Toyota would stick that badge on every Land Cruiser.

Enough with the badge, though. This Heritage Edition Land Cruiser gets bronze 18-inch forged BBS wheels with a "Toyota" center cap — also pretty cool. Other off-roading treatments include a running-board delete and lower body side molding delete for better clearances. All the other changes are appearance-related, but it's a pretty comprehensive overhaul for the ages-old Land Cruiser.

A black accented grille, darkened housings for the headlights, and foglights with dark chrome surrounds and side mirrors give it the blacked-out look everybody loves. Black or white are the only two color options available for this special edition. The whole interior is covered in black leather-trimmed upholstery to complement the black look. To go along with the bronze wheels, Toyota has bronze accents all throughout the interior. There's contrast stitching on the seats, steering wheel, door trim, center stack and console. Finally, it has all-weather floor mats and a cargo liner standard.THIS VERSION OF THE ARTICLE CONTAINS ADDITIONAL CONTENT THAT CAN'T BE RENDERED HERE. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ORIGINAL.The whole powertrain is your normal Land Cruiser fare, so that means a 5.7-liter V8, eight-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive system. Each Heritage Edition is fully loaded with the few options available for the Land Cruiser, too. Toyota says a price will be available later this year, and there will be 1,200 made in total. Expect them to start rolling into dealers late this summer.

Featured Gallery: 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition

Last edited:

OFFICIAL Jan 23rd 2019 at 10:15AM
The off-road Toyota gets a fresh look
dims

• Image Credit: Toyota
dims

• Image Credit: Toyota

Heritage Edition... I like it. No, I love it. The running board and side molding deletes are a nod to classic Land Cruiser capability. And it fits the proportions of the 200 so well; not so low slung. The badging and wheels are beautiful and classic. And I like that it comes in black or white - two choices.

Jalopnik usually does alright.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-land-cruiser-found-a-nice-aesthetic-twi-1832069094

TRUCK YEAH
The 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Found a Nice Aesthetic Twist

xwrksjao7xkcxbyvuqvg.jpg

Photo: Toyota
Truck YeahThe trucks are good!
PrevNextView All
The 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition is an example of excellent product strategy: throw a few key cosmetic tweaks on an old model, declare it to be special and mark the price up while stoking love for the nameplate in general. I fall for it every time, and I just did again, because this truck looks sweet.

The current Land Cruiser, the 200 Series, does not have removable doors or a manual transmission option but otherwise might be the most anachronistic luxury SUV you can buy right now. The body style was introduced a decade ago, the 5.7-liter V8 has been around for just as long, and the whole thing is built around a simple-but-sturdy frame.

Add some scrumptious leather seats, and somehow you’ve got yourself an $80,000 vehicle. ($84,765, to be exact). Toyota doesn’t sell very many of them– the company reports 3,222 people bought brand-new Land Cruisers in 2018–but it doesn’t really have to, because the profit margin on each one has to be as wide as the truck’s tailgate emblem at this point.

For a little more industry context, Toyota also sold 139,694 4Runners last year. AndJeep sold 240,032 Wranglers. The MercedesG Class was a little closer at 3,970 units.

Anyway speaking of badging and the concept of getting a lot from a little, the 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition is the same old Land Cruiser with no third row seat, two paint color options (black and white), a bronze-trimmed black interior, gorgeous bronze BBS wheels and the pièce de résistance: retro emblems mounted on the D-pillars which look tailored to fit the Instagram overland aesthetic just perfectly.

If you haven’t been on Instagram lately, like in the last couple years, the “overland aesthetic” I’m referring to would be described by haters as “hipster car camping.” And if you still don’t know what I’m talking about, the starter pack is pretty much an SUV with more LEDs than a cop car, a tent on its roof, lots of leather and canvas, yoga pants, jaunty hat, a dog that is preferably an Australian Shepherd, and you get 100 extra points if you string café lights over your campsite.

This look is popular enough that it’s already been parodied plenty:

Shoot, now I kind of sound like a hater!

Nah, nothing wrong with enjoying trucks and the outdoors and also having a penchant for retro design. I like coffee and flannels and off-roading, too. And if I had a Land Cruiser Heritage Edition I would Instagram the hell out of it.

My only real criticism of Toyota here is that this low-hanging fruit took way too long to pick. Land Rover has been marketing itself as the quintessential luxury adventure vehicle for decades, when really the Land Cruiser is much more an embodiment of old-school-cool you can buy new today than anything the British brand is turning out right now.

Apparently only 1,200 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Editions will be built for a price TBD (over $90,000 I’m sure) but don’t worry, I have already been asking what the part number is for that sweet retro badge and I’ll make sure to share it as soon as I figure that out.

SHARE THIS STORY
https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota-land-cruiser-found-a-nice-aesthetic-twi-1832069094
CRUISING
The Only Car In The World Is The Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80
The 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Bends The World To Its Will
The Toyota Land Cruiser Utility Is The Basic Stripped-Out Diesel Manual SUV Of Your Dreams

Last edited:
So loaning money to a kid (loan like it will ever get paid back) and my wife takes cash to B of A to deposit in her account. They refuserto take cash. Something to do with money laundering. Need to paid attention for when the government says the printed legal tender for all debts public or private is no longer is true.:bang: just in shock a bank refused cash.

Into her account, or someone elses account?

Just do online, acct to acct transfer or zelle.

Was cash into my daughter's account with same last name if they wanted a ID. Problem been hamdled. At one time our money was backed by gold then silver. Today our mometary system is based on the dollar. Even though every bill has has "legal tender for all debts public and private" a bank can refuse to except it. Something is wrong here. If money laundering would look for a pattern which a computer program could detect. If money is good and have a picture ID I see no reason to refuse cash. We are being force to go electronic. I don't use apps since security is not as good on a phone as our computers. The teller who took a cashier's check if she had cash they wouldn't except it.

Toyota is going to the moon

Toyota is going to the moon
Why not they conquered the earth and it's lovely terrain. Why not expand to the moon

Why not they conquered the earth and it's lovely terrain. Why not expand to the moon
Toyotas cover the blue marble....
Someone pointed out to me the other day that "Have you ever seen a third world country taken over by Jeep Wranglers?!"
:hmm:

:hillbilly:

Instagram CEO deciding to do away with popularity contest of likes

Last edited:
CNN<News

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom