Cruiser PM's this Weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
So what is everyone doing this weekend to their cruiser to make sure all is well for the trip.

My check list

Put on new valance and fender-- Done

Replace fuel sock filter --------- Done

De-smog again since it ran better that way ----- Done

Remove all the broken CAT shielding that is rattling. ----- got the bottom half off top half is going to have to stay for a while as i'd have to drop the cats and pipes to get to it

Install new electric fan switch -------- Done

Change Wiper blades ----------- Done

Oil Change-------- Done

Lube U-joints -------------- Done

Attach Winch to front bumper --------------- Decided not to, just dead weight for now on a trip that isn't going to need it.

Install interior LED's ------------- Done

Things that won't be started till after STR

Lockers/Gears/New Axles

Snorkle install

So what is everyone else doing??

Last edited:
this morning i buttoned up my knuckle rebuild new calipers and new pads. Went for a test drive and everything seems great, ill drive it through the weekend and re-check the bearings. Tie rod ends will be here mon. so ill put those in monday night. Oil change and lube, check fluids and head out lunchtime wed.

Gotta finish my knuckle rebuild today, grease the u-joints and TRE's, put the hard doors back on for the trip to the campsite, and wash off the crud. Already topped off all the fluids.

Ditto on the fuel sock filter.

Tidied up my shiny new exhaust. :)

Wipe the pollen off the instrument panel so I can see my speedo, tach, and fuel guage. ;)

All other PM is current so the wife and I are enjoying the weekend!

Taking a break so here is some pics

4529013404_f93a832f4c_b.jpg

4529000010_f0c7fe604c_b.jpg

4528376995_508cfef6f6_b.jpg

this morning i buttoned up my knuckle rebuild new calipers and new pads. Went for a test drive and everything seems great, ill drive it through the weekend and re-check the bearings. Tie rod ends will be here mon. so ill put those in monday night. Oil change and lube, check fluids and head out lunchtime wed.

Don't forget the most important pm you have. Rogue Dead Guy Ale :grinpimp:

Green: Done: Different seats put in, new fan and alt bracket ready to go (yeah not done since last year) along with belt, and associated bolts. Good cleaning (half done)
To Do: Button belt system up, grease everything up, good cleaning, CB and CD install finishing touches, rear view mirrors (not running with the doors), put plug in spare,
Want to do but no time and budget for: New Tires

Black: Done: tires, oil change, new rear brakes and rotors/drums.
To Do: Bleed brakes, Cleaning, clean out sunroof drains
If Time: Flush brake fluid, coolant change, running board removal?, spring swap,

More to do, but can't think of them

figure out why im puking coolant when I shut down
fix windshield wiper
swap tires
buy lots o gear (cooler, load bars, chair, etc)

OH, and start packing my bags

.... tires done; these should dig well in the sand :D
tireswap 007.jpg

Last edited:
Done..... now time for a nice 18 year old scotch to top it off.

Not exactly PM...but...

Well, I built plates and welded them to the roll cage to accept the propane tank brackets on the fender wells. I knocked out the Harlan CanOpner dents and resprayed the rear quarters, hacked up my dash to fit my ARB switches and now matching winch control switches, then resprayed. . Took time to blend in the radio compartment I had built in the past so it looks a little less ghetto. And, she had her first bath in a couple of years :)

See you all at the beach!!!

:beer: R
IMG00281 (Large).jpg
IMG00282 (Large).jpg
IMG00283 (Large).jpg

More pics

Of the other mods / repairs...
IMG00284 (Large).jpg
IMG00285 (Large).jpg
IMG00286 (Large).jpg

Doh!! Did something wrong with the fuel pump and my gas gauge is dead.

Had to take it back out and reinstall it. Works fine now.

in the last couple weeks I have replaced the vlave cover gasket, the PHH and about 10 other peices of hose. I still have to find a heavy duty flasher relay and then I should be all set. See you on the OBX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom