Cruiser Mechanic DFW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to this group. I am looking for a good mechanic to baseline an 80 I'm buying out of CA and address a few minor issues . Anyone have a recommendation for someone that specializes in LC 80s in DFW? Thanks!

MasterTech Auto Center
1605 W Scyene Rd
Mesquite, TX 75149
The owner has a nicely built 80 series on 35’s. They are solid, trustworthy people. I’ve used them for personal and fleet vehicles for about 10 years.

Last edited:
I have plans to take mine to Dajda's Auto Care

Same deal, new to me cruiser, new to cruisers, wanting a pro to do a survey of the vehicle condition and give me some guidance. Good luck, welcome!

Hi, I find this sad when there are so few recommendations in a town this size. Mike

There's a few good ones:
Goode's Offroad
4940 Gordon Smith, Rowlett, TX

Baertrax
2635 Brenner Dr, Dallas, TX 75220

Dajda's Auto Care
8075 Boulevard 26, North Richland Hills, TX 76180

Tandem Automotive
1728 Layton Ave Suite e2, Haltom City, TX 76117

Thanks guys. I dropped off my 80 at Dajdas. The guy is loaded down with cruisers. Was fun to just walk the back of his shop and see everything he had. Felt like he was very knowledgeable.

Over 6,000,000 people in the metro area and this few recommendations ! Mike

As mentioned above, Goode's Offroad!

Thanks guys. I dropped off my 80 at Dajdas. The guy is loaded down with cruisers. Was fun to just walk the back of his shop and see everything he had. Felt like he was very knowledgeable.

Dajda does great work just be prepared to wait! And by wait I mean it could take months.

If you don't mind me asking how long did it take to get the work done on your 80 and what did you have done? Satisfied with the result?

My 80 is at Dajda's. I dropped it off for a 3-hour inspection by Dajda himself. I heard from them one week later, with inspection results. I was very satisfied with Mike Dajda, his shop, his staff, and the timeliness. I have left my 80 there to have work quoted and completed.

My 80 is at Dajda's. I dropped it off for a 3-hour inspection by Dajda himself. I heard from them one week later, with inspection results. I was very satisfied with Mike Dajda, his shop, his staff, and the timeliness. I have left my 80 there to have work quoted and completed.
I dropped mine off at Dadja's about a week ago... waiting to hear back on the engine inspection I requested. I would go there again just to look at all the cruisers they have at the shop. I had a hard time talking to the mechanic who checked me in cuz I was so distracted by all the awesomeness :rofl:

How did this work out?

This did not work out well for me. My FZJ80 is my DD and I cannot hand it over to any shop for an indeterminate number of weeks just to diagnose a problem.

This did not work out well for me. My FZJ80 is my DD and I cannot hand it over to any shop for an indeterminate number of weeks just to diagnose a problem.

I had the same experience. Nearly 3 weeks to get it inspected. Finally towed it elsewhere as after 3 weeks I still wasn't getting my questions answered.

I paid Dadja $300 to inspect my FJ62 and give me a list of things to do. Was a really nice guy, and seemed to be extremely knowledgeable, but when I FINALLY got it back after almost a month, the list they gave me was an extremely invasive list of things that didn't seem right to me. I'm not an expert mechanic, but I'm fairly mechanical and this list did NOT seem right. I'm sure the work he does is actually great...when he does work, but I definitely did not get $300 worth of an "inspection" from him.

I took it over to Goode's Offroad, 3 days later he had a full list of what he recommended (for free, though for the $300 Dadja did do a compression test). It was reasonable, and made perfect sense (given I had just purchased it and it needed a good baselining). His prices were fair, he kept in great communication via text and e-mail. He kept it a little over a week as he was waiting on a few parts. I got it back and my rig with 250k is running like a top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom