CRUISER GARAGE Ash Tray Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered.

Installed.

Repurposing an unused space, awesome.

Being able to obsess over my transmission temperature, priceless.

Quality product.

ScanGauge II Mount.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be in for an SPOD mount if you made it.

I just ordered the ashtray mount for SGII and wondering about installation. I assume for the ethernet end you use the rear port rather than the side port of the SGII. How difficult is it to run the line from there to the OBD2 port on the LC? Do you have to remove center shifter plate? Side panels on center console? It looks like a short run from rear of ashtray space to OBD2 port, but how much of the interior hardware do you have to remove to run the cable?

1. Yes, the rear port. I secured the SGII to the mount with 3M double sided body moulding tape.
2. While you have the dash plastic out, to install the mount, thread the cable to the OBD2 port. Very short run.
3. I couldn't get the plastic piece for the ash tray out without removing the top plate of the center console. Got to give it a good cleaning, and added some insulation while it was out.
4. I didn't have to remove the side panels of the center console.

Thanks for the speedy response - it's not arriving until Friday so I have some time to plan things out. So basically remove the top shifter plate (horizontal) and then the plastic trim around ashtray, lighter, etc (vertical.) Should not be too difficult. For the top shifter plate any trouble with the electrical connections - figure there is at least 5 or 6 with power button, 2nd gear starter, AHC selector, suspension damper (soft, sporty, etc) and two seat heaters. Also did you remove the head from the transmission shifter or just rotate plate around to gain access?

@AlabamaLX Thank you!

@up5799 The electrical connections under the top shifter plate are easy, simply unplug them. Make sure to put them back in the same plug. I was driving wondering why my butt was getting warm. Passenger turned the heat seater on, but I plugged them back incorrectly. The transmission shifter head doesn't need to be removed, but to remove the panel for better access the transfer case shifter knob should be spinned off. If you would like to look at the instructions they are on the FAQ page of our website. Ashtray Mount Instructions

Thanks guys I can do this!

Does anyone know if the “Carling V-Series Switches” panel will fit ARB switches like the ones they supply with their air lockers and air compressors? They look roughly the same shape.

Does anyone know if the “Carling V-Series Switches” panel will fit ARB switches like the ones they supply with their air lockers and air compressors? They look roughly the same shape.
Yes, they will work. ARB uses Carling V-Series switches. There are a few different "faces" for the V-Series switches (they will all work). You can check them out here: OTRATTW - V-Series Switches

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom