Crawl Control ripped off by Ford (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was only a matter of time such good feature would be replicated

Trail control video
FYI: Electronic traction aids were invented by Land Rover, then copied by everyone else. It's my belief that the Ford system is the Land Rover system; they adopted it when Ford owned that brand for 5 minutes in the 2000s, then continued development on it themselves. Like most things 4x4, Toyota saw Land Rover's innovation, and copied it. The Ford system is now the most effective and seamless on the market. Where the systems in the 200 are effective, the systems in say, my Ranger, are easier to use in more situations, and far smoother.

FYI: Electronic traction aids were invented by Land Rover, then copied by everyone else. It's my belief that the Ford system is the Land Rover system; they adopted it when Ford owned that brand for 5 minutes in the 2000s, then continued development on it themselves. Like most things 4x4, Toyota saw Land Rover's innovation, and copied it. The Ford system is now the most effective and seamless on the market. Where the systems in the 200 are effective, the systems in say, my Ranger, are easier to use in more situations, and far smoother.
Land Rover innovated traction control and all for offroad, but Toyota made it reliable

The traction control in Land Rovers early TC system is from Bosch. Bosch is inventor of TC systems..

IMHO, all of these "traction Controls" were an easy decision b/c open diffs controlled by electronics and ABS braking systems are already in place, work well, and are cheaper to produce than purchasing and installing limited slips, lockers, and warranty claims for broken stuff. YMMV...

The Ford Expy has an electronic locker that is accessible even in 2wd wheel drive, but if the load pressure is too high, I *think* it will release to save the IRS components/etc...

I am old fashioned with regards to new-fangled traction controls and old school locking lockers...

I want BOTH :rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom