Covid-19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that I think about it, in Washoe County the Confirmed Cases = Active Cases + Recovered Cases + Deaths. It's how I verify I entered the data right. On the assumption Confirmed Cases = positive tests residing in Washoe County, then I don't think there is much opportunity to inflate deaths in Washoe County.

Yup... and the "deaths" does not actually equal COVID deaths... It is deaths that authorities are not able to disprove weren't associated with COVID.
Got confirmation from a tri-county SWAT member this weekend that they were told ANY death is to be marked as COVID... Like... Oh he decided he wanted to play "suicide by cop" YUP that's COVID... or Oh that drunken head-on with a light pole... Yup that's COVID.:mad:

When he and a couple other LEA questioned it they were told to keep their mouths shut and do as instructed.

Best part... brother works at Carson Tahoe... place is literally a ghost town he said... They have one confirmed case in the hospital. All others are confirmed and sent packing told to self-quarantine and basically come back only if you are LITERALLY dying.

As far as I am aware, the only persons that can sign off on the cause of death are the Physician, Attending Physician, Medical Examiner, or Coroner - that's what the death certificate says anyway. Washoe County has a Medical Examiner not a Coroner, but other counties have Coroners. Law enforcement does not as far as I'm aware have a say in the cause of death determination, even if they shoot the guy. What I am fairly certain is happening, though, is that they are instructed to treat or report all cases, dead or otherwise, as though they have Covid. That still does not directly impact the stats. The only way it indirectly impacts stats is if the Physician, Attending, or Medical Examiner actively decides it does.

Keep in mind, too, that the death certificate has up to 4 entries to lay out the immediate cause of death, and another part to add significant conditions contributing to death. (I'm looking at a friend's death certificate right now. His used all 4 entries, and no it wasn't Covid.) So you may well have Leukemia (for example) and Covid on the same death certificate. The way the stats work, one does not exclude the other.

What does seem to be showing up in the national stats is deaths in general are up significantly over what would be expected (aka excess deaths). Up a lot more than the Covid death count. I don't know how reliable the expected value is, but probably good enough to call the excess real. More people may be dying because they are avoiding hospitals. Just my speculation, that.

I sincerely hope they have better math than I do, but with that management shakeup who knows? ......
The web page was probably set up by a Washoe County IT drone, and not checked by anybody that understood statistics. I suspect (hope) the statistics people are kind of busy right now.

I will continue to stand by my assertion that this is a bad illness for the at-risk population but the lockdown was no longer necessary outside of congested inner cities after day 30. We are now on day ??? and the powers brokers and the scare mongers are continuing to cry out that things are going to get 100% worse day over day until July, August, September or October-November depending on whichever probability factor the University chooses to use.

If I've learned one truth in life, I've learned that projections of the future are the most abused way to keep people scared truthless ever invented as a political tool.

With all the freedom protests going on, the numbers ought to have already spiked 500% in the last week or two. Guess we'll see..

Well numbers are going to spike simply because of the fact that the state now has tests. Testing "facility" with armed national guard has been setup in the old K-Mart parking lot in North Carson. Should be able to see a spike real quick here. Question is, what are they testing for? Are they doing the anti-body test to see if you HAVE HAD it or are they doing the normal test to see if you currently HAVE it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom