Coverking Cordura Ballistic Tactical Custom Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for confirming Phil. I was told in the past that LX uses a different foam for padding but the controls and shape of the seats are the same as a LC.

Seat heaters? Or seat installed side airbags

They may not want you to use the covers if there is seat heaters. Or it can interfere with an airbag system.
but that is just a guess on my part.
All 100 Series and LX have seat heaters

Sierra Expedition handles coverking iirc and i was surprised at how inexpensive they were.

You can also get the Leather/foam matched and redone (front seats) for $800 at a local PHX upholsterer. PM me if interested
I'd be interested in that.

Much discussion in the 100 forum, at least from Shane (AAtlasx or similar?) that he had made replacement leathers for the LC, and that there were indeed seat differences between LX and LC. Not sure what, exactly, those are, and if they would affect covers over the top in addition to the replacement leather.

Yes, there is differences in how the leather/foam is cut between LC and LX versions, also the manual seats are also cut different. I've had both my leather '97 LX450 and a manual seat 1995 Landcruiser with vinyl redone. I've got about 25k miles sitting on the "new" leather. It's very nice still but probably not as good as the OEM Lexus material. My guy has a book of leather choices, you can get any color and could even replicate the 40th Anniversary two tones.

Sorry for the thread jack, another option is the escape gear covers in canvas. They are probably the best covers but are $500
I have also confirmed with Paul May at Equipt that the Escape Gear covers are air bag compliant for the '03+ models with side air bags (as are the CoverKing ones at least per their website.) SOR's Tuff Duck ones are not.

@yjeff - can the local guys do the leather side seams for air bags?

I have also confirmed with Paul May at Equipt that the Escape Gear covers are air bag compliant for the '03+ models with side air bags (as are the CoverKing ones at least per their website.) SOR's Tuff Duck ones are not.

@yjeff - can the local guys do the leather side seams for air bags?

I've never dealt w the seat airbags, so IDK, but if you have a seat, we could take it down to show them. Installed in the car or not. This shop is better in person, showing them what you are asking about, it would probably be lost in translation over the phone.

Thanks for he heads up regarding new leathers, I'll keep that in mind. I'm leaning towards the Coverkings because I like the ballistic material and the storage pockets behind the seat.

I'm looking to purchase a set of Coverking Cordura Ballistic Tactical Custom Seat Covers for my 2002 Lexus LX470. Are the seats the same as a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser? The fitment guide on their site said it would fit a LC but not a LX. I thought they were identical. Any help would be appreciated. Here's a link and thank you.

http://www.coverking.com/seat-covers/skanda-intro/tactical-ballistic-custom-seat-cover.html

I'm reviving this thread (since it got jacked, and died, lol) as I am very interested in these Coverking seat covers. Wondering if you ended up pulling the trigger @enterconnect? Interestingly enough, they dont have any "patterns" for the LX 470 any year, and they dont have them for the Land Cruiser until 2001. I'm wondering if I were to order 2001 LC covers, if they'll fit my 99 LX. What would be the differences between 98-00, and 2001+ LCs that they allegedly dont fit pre-2001? Anyone have any thoughts, and would love to hear if anyone has bought the LC ones for their LX.

Thanks as always folks!
JW

I apologize for the attitude, I was literally "off the meds" last week and drinking at like 10 in the AM. Thankfully back on now and no more day drinking.

I'd appreciate any more info if folks have it.

Sincerely,
Jason

Last edited:
Sorry, copy/paste went awry and wrong thread got copied. But not worth inserting the right one now.

I apologize for the attitude, I was literally "off the meds" last week and drinking at like 10 in the AM. Thankfully back on now and no more day drinking.

I'd appreciate any more info if folks have it.

Sincerely,
Jason

Sorry, bumping this because I edited my stupidity, I know that's not a good way to start in the community.

JW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom