Corrosion Protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this has been done before, but I was looking for input for my specific situation.

We live in Ohio and just picked up a couple of new GXs. They will be exposed on a limited basis to the salted roads in Ohio. We try to avoid slopping around on the salt covered roads, but sometimes we just have to do it.

Part of the equation is that we have and use unlimited wash plans at the Flying Ace car wash., so they do get a bath and underbody spray when they get dirty. I know some are cringing about running brand new GXs through the old scratch and swirl, but that's probably what they will get.

So the question is, would a coating like wool wax or fluid film be worth it if they get the underbody spray routinely anyway? Would the wax just get washed off? If you still recommend a coating, which one would be best considering the weekly or so wash?

Appreciate all input including the flaming for using the auto wash lol.

Last edited:
I live in Norway, and drive on salted roads all winter. And with temps nomally from -10 to -30 degrees celsius, it can often be difficult to get a good wash down during the winter months.
I only use Fluid Film in different thicknesses. Fully spray the undercarriage two times a year. Paying attention to all nooks and crannies. And flush the frame and respray fluid internally after it has dried.
A so called "underspray" in most common washing machine will only not be enough by far.

I have a sprayer that washes the undercarriage via the garden hose with a pretty hard spray. I've found that my fluid film appears unaffected; i.e. no apparent loss in the film from the chassis and no observed oily film running from the wash area. YMMV.

Ymmv
But this stuff works for me....

Screenshot_20240323_192729_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I live in Norway, and drive on salted roads all winter. And with temps nomally from -10 to -30 degrees celsius, it can often be difficult to get a good wash down during the winter months.
I only use Fluid Film in different thicknesses. Fully spray the undercarriage two times a year. Paying attention to all nooks and crannies. And flush the frame and respray fluid internally after it has dried.
A so called "underspray" in most common washing machine will only not be enough by far.
Thanks for sharing your experience, @HotelJuliet! It’s interesting to hear how you handle winter road conditions in Norway. I’ve been to Norway a few times, and I often wonder what drivers do to protect their vehicles with those conditions. Your approach is very thorough, spraying the undercarriage, paying attention to nooks and crannies, and even flushing the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom