Correct OEM Toyota U-Joint Part # for 100's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So ive searched and searched, but cant seem to find a definitive answer on what U-joint part numbers work for which years, specifically for front and rear drive shafts.

I called McGeorge and they said for my 03 LC (10/02 build date), that the U joints are not serviceable, and id need to buy new drive shafts, which i think is BS.

These are the part numbers I have, but not sure which DS they fit, and for what years. Toyota diagrams don't seem to be too helpful

04371-60060
04371-60070
04371-60051 (seems to be for earlier 100's) not sure though

Seems like 60060 is used for Front DS sometimes, and 60070 is used for Front & Rear DS sometimes. But before I order, id like to know what works for all the years. Maybe this can be the resource people can refer to when ordering in the future.

Any advice or wisdom for those who went with OEM Toyota U joints?

:lol: What a line of BS from McGeorge.

The correct part numbers for your truck:

04371-60060: Front driveshaft.
04371-60070: Rear driveshaft.

They are the same part number on either end of any given shaft. So, you would need 2 of each.

Where were you able to find this definitive info? Or are these the parts you put in your rig?

I just attempted my rear u-joints a few weeks ago. I am also in VA. I have a 98 LC with 196K from MD but now in Richmond, VA. The truck is a but rusty. I had to pound on the yoke so hard to get the old U joints out that I damaged the yokes and had to get a new axle... could have been 380 and less work if I just went that way in the first place... instead I spent 140 on the u-joints and then another 380 on the axle... painful... furthermore the new axle did not solve my problem.... Others have successfully done this without a bad result but I think Toyota is saying non-servicable because they are so tight in the yoke that servicing is a challenge and can end up damaging the axle as in my case???? Maybe with a proper shop press as opposed to Autozone tool rental I would not have had so much trouble???? I used 04371-60060 front and back but I think 03+ might use a different part number...

I just attempted my rear u-joints a few weeks ago. I am also in VA. I have a 98 LC with 196K from MD but now in Richmond, VA. The truck is a but rusty. I had to pound on the yoke so hard to get the old U joints out that I damaged the yokes and had to get a new axle... could have been 380 and less work if I just went that way in the first place... instead I spent 140 on the u-joints and then another 380 on the axle... painful... furthermore the new axle did not solve my problem.... Others have successfully done this without a bad result but I think Toyota is saying non-servicable because they are so tight in the yoke that servicing is a challenge and can end up damaging the axle as in my case???? Maybe with a proper shop press as opposed to Autozone tool rental I would not have had so much trouble???? I used 04371-60060 front and back but I think 03+ might use a different part number...

Luckily i got my truck from Texas, so i have no rust. But i've also got a press and tools in my garage to knock this out in a jiffy. Sucks that yours was such a pain, rust can be a real bummer when working on these things.

Good to know

1998 LC uses 04371-60060 Front and rear driveshaft. Hope this comes in use for others in the future!

I can confirm Onurs numbers for my 2003 TLC. I just did the rear driveshaft ujoints. I used a used the Tiger U-joint tool. Butter.

Oddly the 60060 joints and 60070 joints appear and mic out the same for me. Im curious as to what the difference is.

Will do the fronts later.

I can confirm Onurs numbers for my 2003 TLC. I just did the rear driveshaft ujoints. I used a used the Tiger U-joint tool. Butter.

Oddly the 60060 joints and 60070 joints appear and mic out the same for me. Im curious as to what the difference is.

Will do the fronts later.
Did anyone ever figure out the difference between the front and rear?

Hi guys.

Looking for confirmation on 2002 LC DS part numbers.

From Toyota parts.com I’m finding the part numbers listed below. Looking to replace the 2 u joints on the front and rear prop shafts.
Front : 04371-60060
Front: 04371-60051
Rear: 04371-60070

thanks for your expertise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom