corolla recommendations which year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a car for my wife. Anyone have recommendations for a particular year corolla please? Australian market. Don't think can beat toyota.

Well, so far looked at the 2016 hatch and the 2018 hatch, manual trans. We both hate autos, and low and behold the corolla autos had a big recall for them. The 2016 has more room in the boot and feels more connected to the driver, the 2018 has even more gizmos. I can't say I really like them but I am not always around to get the spanners out. Bit of blind leap of faith, much prefer my 2h, but that aint my wife. Looking like the 2016 hatch.

Ending up going 2016 manual transmission hatch 100k kms.
Going to get one of those obd2 diagnostic toys to plug into the laptop..a new world from the 1988 troopy. Took note, virtually all hatchbacks look the same regardless of manufacturer. Most modern cars all look the same really.

Congratulations on your choice, @sodafeld1! The 2016 manual transmission hatch sounds like a solid pick. Embracing the modern diagnostic tools is a great step forward, especially coming from the 1988 troopy era. Wishing you and your wife many happy miles ahead with the new car!

So far so good, Thank you for well wishing.

Vision is not the best, virtually all hatchbacks look the same.
Tiny rear window, totally dependent on rear vision camera. If someone wanted to be discretely nasty in a car park they could take a little hammer to all those little cameras and render the cars vision impaired in reverse.

I can not help being skeptical as all the manufacturers have to compete against each other very much. I still predict my troopy shall outlast the corolla. But as it stands, the engine oil looks immaculate, I predict front brakes to wear quick, rear discs on handbrake is typically sketchy. Apparently some modern cars are going back to rear drums, last longer and easier to maintain...gear box is nice, electronic steering feels a little removed from actually driving. The 93 mazda astina's engine had more guts but I did not fancy replacing everything coming up on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom