Coolers... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Has anyone had any luck with a smaller cooler that would double as a armrest? I keep looking around, but have yet to find anything that is in the 18-24" range, ~12" wide, and 8-12" high that I could use....hopeing to wedge it between the front seats...

I have always thought that lining a tuffy with plastic, insulating the exterior and putting in a drain line would make a good cooler.

Might want to look into Marine supply places, odds are some model of boat out there has something similar that could be modified to fit. Boat supply places have some pretty cool stuff.

You need something like this :D

teakcupcooler.JPG

think cruiserdan mentioned that non-usa model 80s came with an option for a center console that is a plug in cooler, wonder if you could get that ordered, sure its $$$$$ though :D

I have a friend (really, it's not me) that has one of those Aztecs. Fugly as sin. But the dman thing has a nice little cooler that fits right between the two front seats. No armrest, but you could easily modify the concept to include one. What it doesn't have is the electrical cigarette-lighter cooling gizmo...now add that to your cooler for long range trips, and I'm sold...

Tom

And oh...while you're at it...add a couple of cup holders too.

The old Blazers and Suburbans came with cooler between the seats. Too wide for a cruiser though. I think they took them out because folks were cracking down on drunk drivers.
One of those mini van coolers they have at Target and Wally World might fit.

talk to cdan about the Japanese spec air conditioning cooled fridge's that fit in between the seat. :D
You might be able to buy one if you sell the cruiser first. :whoops:

a friend in his car re-reouted his air con through his center console, and basically made the console out of aluminium or something so it's basically a fridge

He, he. Ya'll realize that none of that re-routing air stuff is gonna work real well for Woody. He doesn't even have a heater core, let alone an air conditioning evaperator. Strangely enough he does have an A/C compressor, though. Maybe you could blow compressed air over C's sugar free Rud Bulls, Woodrow. :D

Where's the link to the Aussie that built the turbine powered beer cooler?

the turbine powered beer cooler? we're always told that it was an American that invented that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't think woody's 40 would have had air con, i was just off topic, as it seemed to be going that way.

i know it doesn't solve any of the problems quoted above, but a chem professor told us the fastest way to cool down beer at the beach was to bury it about a meter down, pour petrol all over (a couple of litres) the area and light it. the evap cools the beer to near freezing, and it works with significant amounts of beer, like 5 slabs (24 cans or bottles to a slab x 5 = 120 cans). so if your stranded on the beach (work in any sand i guess) with warm beer and a jerry can

hey bad religion...you wanna clarify? you just dig a hole and put gas around the hole and light it? or what.

Woody,

I bought a cheap wally world POS that always worked quite well in my '87 heep. It kept a 6'er cold for most of the day with one of those soft gell freezer packs on top. still have it but it will be going into A's Heep. even had can holders and a place for crap(I.E. cell, sunglasses, bug spray).

I've got a soft cooler that fits now...but those keep fallnig apart on us...lol. Hopeing to find a longer/narrower cooler that can be strapped in, is hard sided, and holds more than a 6-pack. The perfect one is out there, just need some shopping time!

>> a friend in his car re-reouted his air con through his center console...

The "console cooler" that you guys are speaking of - and that Beo pictured above - comes as a component of the rear air conditioning option, in those places in the world where it's available.

The "cooler" is hard-plumbed to the a/c. It also appears to have an electrical interface for cooling... with a two position switch: "Ice" when just the a/c is on, and "Cool" when just cooling the box electrically. Pretty "cool," eh? ;)

Cheers , R -

ok, sorry i didn't clarify. you dig the hole, put beer in hole, cover hole, douse in fuel, stand back and ignite, dig them back up after flames go out (or you extinguish them) he's an old guy, but recalled his uni days doing exactly that on the beach in spare time :)

he's a cool lecturer, but he's better in pracs. showed us the best chem glasswear for almost any application you care to mention, including bongs, wine glasses, etc. and he figured out a way to use the distilled water distillers in the lab to distill moonshine :) :) sounds like a drop kick when i mention all that, but he;s a great lecturer, and i learnt alot from him, including legit stuff.

p.s. i will not be held accountable for any resulting injury, damage, environmental degredation or anything for this, try it at YOUR OWN RISK.

Try an ammo can. Drill a hole in the bottom (for a drain) and line it with some hard insulating foam. This worked for me for about $10. It's tough and cheap and someone can never have enough ammo cans.

What you do is, put your cans of beer in a long sock. Wet the sock and then tie it onto your wing mirror. I promise you that as long as you keep the sock wet the beer will be cold. It really is very effective - even on a hot day in the Sahara - as long as you're moving.

Cold :beer: Mmmmm

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom