Coolant under passenger foot well carpet ?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to multi quote, my computer wasn't letting me reply,, I was on a slower link,, and to be honest I'm still running windows 7,,, because 10 and newer won't run my flight simulator.. I need a tech rep to keep my software/hardware running.. lol,, anyway, I did order a clean looking rear heater and fan assembly off ebay.. I can get those sardine can clamps, I'm wondering how much fun it will be trying to re-install all that fun stuff.. Wits end has them, but they are out of 5/8 green stripe coolant line at present
Just go to napa and buy some hose and some clamps and save yourself some money, no need to order off a vendor. Even I f you want to delete the rear, napa or whoever sells hose will have everything you need for 20 bucks

Just go to napa and buy some hose and some clamps and save yourself some money, no need to order off a vendor. Even I f you want to delete the rear, napa or whoever sells hose will have everything you need for 20 bucks
Of course you are right! and that's what I will do!

FWIW if you do decide to bypass the rear heater, I used the gates 28470 with the bend in it. Trim as needed for the 90° portion under heater valve, and the excess is perfect for the straight hose coming out of the firewall where the t-fitting normally is. It keeps the extra connections near the heater valve vs the single formed hose witsend sells, but I’m cheap and it works!

Last edited:
FWIW if you do decide to bypass the rear heater, I used the gates 28470 with the bend in it. Trim as needed for the 90° portion under heater valve, and the excess is perfect for the straight hose coming out of the firewall where the t-fitting normally is. It keeps the extra connections near the heater valve vs the single formed hose witsend sells, but I’m cheap and it works!
I'm gonna just replace it, I found a nice one ebay for 100 bucks +shipping and taxes,, I'm trying to keep the truck as original as possible.

Of course that depends on getting the coolant lines and clamps off the kinda rusty metal lines that are there, lol.. I'm not doing to great so far,, but we will see.

And thanks Gentlemen for all the help, advice, encouragement, links, etc, etc... thank you, I'm learning as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom