Cool cars and CLC chat (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

April weather can be sketchy there. May is better. June is awesome.

I went to Easter Jeep a few years back and realized that even that zoo can't make Moab crowded.

Basically plan your trip but don't worry too much about avoiding Cruise Moab etc. Moab can handle the traffic.

I am drying to get back to Elephant Hill. One of my favorite trips ever.

I love that area. Could EASILY be swayed to do that trip.

The Hole In The Rock trail is as epic as the Rubicon, but not as difficult. Nowhere near the traffic as Moab. As in we were the only ones on the trail.

April weather can be sketchy there. May is better. June is awesome.

I went to Easter Jeep a few years back and realized that even that zoo can't make Moab crowded.

Basically plan your trip but don't worry too much about avoiding Cruise Moab etc. Moab can handle the traffic.

I am drying to get back to Elephant Hill. One of my favorite trips ever.

I love that area. Could EASILY be swayed to do that trip.

Doesn't it get hot as hell in June? I can't do 90* camping. I like 40-50 at night 70-80 days.

I've decided I'm doing 4 trips a year from here on out. 1 small (weekend) trip and one big (week) trip every spring and fall.

I'm going.

Great. Set the date. Don't change it or let anyone whine about it.

They have 8 months to get their s*** together. I'll go unless something happens.

Yeah, avoid Easter Jeep and it will be good.

Reactions: dnp
Something like Elephant Hill into Beef Basin area to the Bears Ears to HITR to some canyon that is normally under Lake Powell but exposed right now, then followed some dry wash to an abandoned radium mine.

A lot of it was faint trails that you needed GPS to find and stay on.

I'm gonna start doing some planning.

It doesn't have to be difficult (planning that is)

Lots of great trails that are easy and scenic without knowing secret spots and getting lost

It doesn't have to be difficult (planning that is)

Lots of great trails that are easy and scenic without knowing secret spots and getting lost

Yeah I know. Mostly what I meant is spending some time looking at maps, trying to put together a Point A to Point E type route, similar to what Cam and them did in Nevada. Got about 10 months to do it so no real rush...

Has anyone done the Kokopelli trail out there?

I've never done any of the long overnight trails. The only one that would be considered long is Elephant Hill and that is because it is south of town. I would suggest starting there as it is the closest to us. No reason to actually start in Moab. Go there and work a path through Moab.

Any of you guys know this woman? She says she lived in Jackson 5 years, including 4 years as a student at Belhaven. Before she was famous. GT? Spivey? I guess she was white at the time? Looks like she would have been hard to miss on campus. :confused:

If you're in Atlanta and have some time to explore...go east to Decatur. Had dinner at the Kimball House last night and it was epic. Old station house converted into something right out of NOLA. Belt driven ceiling fans, oysters imported from every corner of N.A., a bar to rival all others managed by a subtle bartender, knowledgeable and attentive staff.
KimballHs (1).JPG

3 types to start the festivities: Chelsea Gems, Ichabod Flats & Howland's Landing with housemade mignonette in dropper bottle.
KimballHs (2).JPG

Roasted King salmon, charred greens, coriander/mushroom broth
KimballHs (4).JPG

Summer squash medley with ricotta, radishes, mint leaves and micro greens
KimballHs (5).JPG

Guineafowl in pork broth, shiitake, eggplant, kimchi. The hushpuppy thing is actually a nearly raw egg that's been fried - don't know how they pulled that off - the yolk oozed out like a Cadbury.
KimballHs (6).JPG

Any of you guys know this woman? She says she lived in Jackson 5 years, including 4 years as a student at Belhaven. Before she was famous. GT? Spivey? I guess she was white at the time? Looks like she would have been hard to miss on campus. :confused:

Is that before or after she sued a Howard University (predominately black university) for racial discrimination when she didn't get a teaching job as a white person after she graduated from there with a full scholarship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom