Cool cars and CLC chat (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do we have anybody going to this run and could pickup a bumper from Louis Rock for me? I purchased the bumper in Late November and he has been giving me the run around since and refused to give me a refund. After months of messages not responded too he states it is off and ready for delivery. If anyone is going to this run and could grab this for me let me know. After 4 months of trying to get a bumper or my money back I am ready to take the ride myself.....

I’ll be going to one or both of these rides. Tell Louis to bring it and I’ll get it as far as South AR for you.

@Dustin Messina I will see Bossman for Razorback Ramble first weekend in June. I can get it back to Richland that weekend for you if that helps.

@Dustin Messina I will see Bossman for Razorback Ramble first weekend in June. I can get it back to Richland that weekend for you if that helps.
@wct49 I may just take a ride to go grab it on day or weekend, but if not that would be great! At this point I just want to get it in the hands of somebody that I can trust. Its been an ordeal.

3D5A9230-506D-46FC-B598-3D3E98CF150E.jpeg

Interesting.. And yeah, @CandyPants is right. It took over 10 years to get the last 30 miles of 840 permitted 10 years ago. Under today's regs, it will literally take 25 years or more to get the permits and ROW sorted.

lol

Yeah I'll be dead way before that ever happens!

Any of you know a good way to look up a pigtail plug part number? I need to replace the male plug on my 98 4Runner. I thought I saved the old plugs, but I can't find them and I can't seem to come up with the proper plug from any aftermarket seller, so I am trying to figure out what plug and wire leads I need to get to replace them. That is unless any of you happen to have the turn signal plugs off of a 96-99 4runner laying around.

TIA

Okay, I’m about done with all the idiots on the road today! Anybody have experience with an easy to use dash cam? Getting to the point that I think I’m either going to get one to move from car to car or one for each. Anybody?

@Bossman I've got about as basic as you can get, it's a ROAV branded model I got on Amz. I think I got it on sale for less than $50. I plumbed mine to a key off power source. Because of that, it's too much of a pain to try to move from car to car. Most have an internal battery that will keep it on while the key is off for a few hours, for when you have the parking sensor mode turned on to catch someone backing into your parked car.

So at $50 or so apiece, just get one for each. They get more expensive if you want wireless connectivity to your phone or GPS data logging. Mine basic model doesn't do that so I have to remove the SD card and transfer to my PC if I want to review footage. I got the wireless one for Kitty's 4R, but caught it on sale for $60 or so. Also, these are HD at 1080, and now you can find 4K models, but price jumps. 1080 is good enough to get a license plate in daylight, but you'd need more resolution for capturing that detail at a distance or with headlights on at night.

Amazon.com: roav dash cam

Thanks Rick. So, pardon my ignorance but with something like this if the need arose to show footage to a LEO one would have move the SD card to a computer first correct?

Most likely, yes. The other restriction I neglected to mention on mine is that you cannot playback on the device itself (despite the fact that it has a big ass LCD screen). If you get a model that connects to your smartphone, you may have ability to show LEO at the scene on your phone. Then later, you can email them the "evidence" file from the SD card. The model I got is dumber than a point & shoot digital camera - no way to playback any captured images.

Assuming you set the clock/date properly on the camera, files are saved with a timestamp in the filename, so you can find it later on your PC. In the settings you can choose how long each clip file is (3 to 10 minute/clip). The camera keeps writing 3 minute clips to the SD card. When the card is full it overwrites the oldest file, and keeps going ad infinitum. If it detects any kind of "event" it saves those clips to a protected folder that doesn't get overwritten. Events are detected via shock/g-force setting you can trim in the setup of the camera. Too sensitive and any old pothole will set it off.

Anyone know if these gas can straps a one-off design or were they from another time? For reference, they're mounted in the back of a Jeep concept truck going to EJS. New M715 based design. Just thought they were cool.
M715-5Qtr-gascans.png

Does anybody have old Toyota Trails magazines? I’m looking for 2000-2006 area. Drop me a note if you have any. I am looking for pics from Katemcy of my 80. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom