Convince me to buy an 80 in 2023 for my family of 7. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WHite 80 all day long.

Yeah we already got the kid-hauler thing down haha. Our requirement for a second car is that both cars have to be capable of hauling all the kids. I posted in the 100-series section as well, and I may just go that route simply because the middle row in the 100 is a 60/40 split bench instead of 50/50 (like the 80), which makes it *much* easier to access the third row with multiple carseats. I mean, I grew up with my 80, my dad handed it down to me (sorry dad), so I know all about how much of a pain it is to get back there with multiple carseats.
My son came home when he was born in my 1995 80. Once the kids get large enough but still in a car seat I would question the clearance back there. We sold the 80 before he got to 2 so I never found out but that would be something to consider as well. I ended up selling my 1992 when the kid hit 6’. It wasn't a comfy truck for long travel anymore. Now we are spoiled with the big 4 door tundra.

That's my big concern with the Sequoia. Having already owned an 80 in the past, it's honestly a really high bar for any other vehicle to meet. Not even the Highlander has the same build quality as my old 80, and it's 24 years newer.

Well, technically speaking safety-wise, the next model of any particular vehicle is going to be better engineered for safety compared to its previous generation. The biggest reason I want an 80 is because of the solid front axle. But at this point, the safety risks (A-pillars always cave in on rollovers, basically zero side protection until 1996, one or two airbags at most) are already outweighing the benefits of that.

Yep. I grew up with an 80. We absolutely *HATED* that backseat. Luckily I'm the oldest so I never had to sit back there.

Ayyyy same! The 3FE is just awesome for what it is. No-nonsense, not enough power to break itself... Mine had 280k+ before I sold it.
My brother has been rocking a Sequoia since the second year of production. It has a new frame and they haul his 4 kids. Ive seen a Sequoia wheeled pretty hard and they are still an impressive truck by most accounts. He does well for himself and could afford anything he wants. They keep driving that Sequoia with 200+k on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom