Control arm advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to do a total front end rebuild on my 08 gx470. Upper and lower arms with new coils. All factory height. Opinions solicited on brands for replacements. The OE units are too rich for my blood and the aftermarket ones are overkill.

So off these which has the best rep round these parts

Moog
AC delco
Mevotech
Beck/Arnly

I here moog is great when its great and crap when its not. AC delco is a big meh for me based on past experience but I don't know anything about Bck/Arnly or Mevotech. Mevotech offers an increased castor upper arm that looks like its welded tubular with a welded in boxed section for the ball joint and seems okay. Looks like it uses and SPC ball joint

Thoughts?

I have mevotech lowers on my 2nd gen tacoma and they have been fine. no issues at all with them. better than the moog replacement bushings i had in the stock arms

1aauto seems to have the best quality/price for lower control arms. For stock height coils/shocks - prob FJ springs and 5100 bilsteins. You can also go OME or bilstein 6112s to keep close to stock and not break the bank. JBAs are hard to beat as well.

1aauto seems to have the best quality/price for lower control arms. For stock height coils/shocks - prob FJ springs and 5100 bilsteins. You can also go OME or bilstein 6112s to keep close to stock and not break the bank. JBAs are hard to beat as well.
Keeping the shocks factory same with coils, just refreshing.

Looks well made. For about the same price you could also get JBA stock height UCA's. JBA stock

I looked at those, probably save the extra coin and keep them stock. I like the idea of getting UCA's with more adjustability if the cards ever fall in such a way that Im using the GX as my wheeling rig and retiring the 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom