Connecting compressor to different air hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20200810_172006.jpg

I just purchased a viair 90p which I like pic attached. It is set up to connect directly to the tires which normally would be great. I made a 4 air system for inflating all 4 at same time which I also really like. Out of the box they are not playing together. What do I need either on the 4 air or the viair 90p to connect them - I don't know what would be the best/cheapest method. How can I attach a push to connect coupler to the compressor? Would I just use a hose fitting on the viair 90p and the universal coupler screws on to that hose fitting?

Thank you - 1st air compressor 🙄

I don't know that specific compressor, but most (all?) of the air couplings and hoses I've seen have standard US pipe thread connectors. I just mix and match as needed with common adapters. In a pinch you can also use a barbed tubing connector too if it comes to an odd hose with a proprietary design, just cut off the offending end. I do make profuse use of QDs I must say. So convenient.
One thing to keep in mind would be to avoid restrictive couplings if you are in a hurry to air up.

I don't know that specific compressor, but most (all?) of the air couplings and hoses I've seen have standard US pipe thread connectors. I just mix and match as needed with common adapters. In a pinch you can also use a barbed tubing connector too if it comes to an odd hose with a proprietary design, just cut off the offending end. I do make profuse use of QDs I must say. So convenient.
One thing to keep in mind would be to avoid restrictive couplings if you are in a hurry to air up.
Is QD quick disconect? I am thinking I will take the hose off from the output on the compressor to preserve the hose. I can add a QD to the compressor directly (hopefully) and then hook up my 4air or original hose for air mattress etc. Thank you for helping me think it through

yes, Quick-Disconnects, sorry.
Maybe you should show / describe what specific components you are trying to couple?

I thought the pic posted in the op here it is.
20200810_172002.jpg

But I'm actually thinking it will be better to add qd to the compressor directly I'll grab a photo of that later on when I'm home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom