Compressor Option with Power Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wxm

Threads
My dual battery build plan went side way. The original plan is to get a LiFePO4 batter connect to the alternator with DC-DC charger. While I was searching for holiday deals for DC-DC charger, I ended picking up a Bluetti AC200P power station instead. Most of my "adventure" are pretty much the weekend outing. The power station has been serving the purpose pretty well, I can pretty much get away on the weekend without charging it. So I figure that I won't bother to run additional wiring from the alternator. If it ever comes to a need I will give the solar charging a shot.

So here comes to a challenge, the AC200P has only a 25A DC output port with a wimpy 14AWG rated aviation connector. (I saw people soldering a 10AWG on it. I will probably give a try later). Now I am trying to figure out a on-board compressor solution and I would like to keep it on the AUX battery if possible. Both DC powered compressor (Viair or ARC) seem to be hungry on power. Does anyone know any AC powered portable compressor as the power station has about 2000W AC output can probably comfortably run small household compressor.

Ok so my reply is late.
But you have 2 options -
1 - get a 110V compressor. But understand that the rating of 2000WAC on the Bluetti is likely a suggestion and not a hard rule. And I mean you will probably see some wattage@110V for some time. But not the wattage they state for the amount of time they state. There is a good bit of loss in the inversion electronics that lessens both the runtime and the rated output. Recharging on-site will likely be necessary.

2 - go to 24 volts. I run 2 Viair pumps @24V and together they use less than 12A ~ 11.6 on average. Put 2 12V batts together in series and use a 12V-to-24V BCDC to charge the 24v bank. It's not difficult. In my case, any and all modifications requiring power are 24V - lights, fridge, air, solar panel(source), water pump, inverter, etc. The tank heater and U/V filter are 110v, but run off the 24V inverter which still cuts the current use to nearly 1/3rd that of 12v. (Yeah I know the law, I'm speaking from use experience)

Ill throw out just getting the portable 12volt ARB twin compressor or the like and using that with your starter battery. Have the engine running and you will be good to go

I'm running a Puma off of the 4rnnr's starting battery. I leave it idling while using it. An idling alternator isn't going to keep up with the Puma's demand, but it does mean that I don't have to worry about having enough left in the battery to get the truck started.

I really think you're overthinking this solution. I'd stick with whatever flavor of 12v compressor that suits your needs. I personally use a Viair 400P Automatic. I think at full load it pulls something like 30amps. When I'm activity filling a tire I'm only at maybe 50psi at most.. which isn't going to be 30amps obviously. I'm sure when its getting to its 150psi shut off its pulling its full 30 amps.
So just connect the compressor to your main battery and fill your tires and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom