Cold weather issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. So I just moved to alaska and my 60 is my daily driver. i only drove her in nh for a few days lst winter before i left but i noticed she was definitely quite cold to yhe point that i thouhjt the PO had removed the thermostat. it wasnt and i installed a new one. so to my point, i met some land cruiser enthusiast here and they told me they park their rifs for winter becauae the lack of heat is a problem. any northern folks on here with some ideas/solutions?
Thanks in advance for the wealth of information this forum provides.

Alaska in the winter - If you can park it in a heated garage, you’ve got a chance. But out on the street in -10°F will be tough. I lived up at a ski resort for a winter. Coldest it ever got there though was in the middle teens. Cruiser started up easily every time and ran fine though. You’ll want 75W-90 synthetic gear oil in the transmission- that’s for sure.

I can’t seem to find a picture of it but there was a land cruiser made for arctic climates that used a retractable wind screen that you could pull across the front grill to block some of the freezing air from passing through the radiator. I’m sure you could find an aftermarket solution that’ll work similarly.

Hey guys. So I just moved to alaska and my 60 is my daily driver. i only drove her in nh for a few days lst winter before i left but i noticed she was definitely quite cold to yhe point that i thouhjt the PO had removed the thermostat. it wasnt and i installed a new one. so to my point, i met some land cruiser enthusiast here and they told me they park their rifs for winter becauae the lack of heat is a problem. any northern folks on here with some ideas/solutions?
Thanks in advance for the wealth of information this forum provides.

there are 3 different and unique land cruiser 2F thermostat TEMP ratings

77"C

82" C

88"C

the 77 ones are SAUDI SPEC. climate only

but you know what u put in

the 77 and 82 are 100% WRONG and will cause your issue

aftermarket CRAP from NAPA usually are 1 size fits all low temps ....fyi

they all SUK ,china made ghetto !

except OEM ones ....

You need a 88"c one in your 8/80-9/87 FJ60 bottom line

i can help if you need one ?