cold air intake 02 sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
recently went to start my sequoia, and had a backfire through the intake, actually blew the plastic airbox to pieces, so loud some people in the parking lot dropped to ground thinking it was a shooter,

other than K&N is there a decent mid range cold air thats DIY install?

I'm thinkin' there's not a lot of high performance parts for sequoia - after all, who soups up a tank - rofl!

Be that as it may, the engine configuration is likely to be very close to, if not the same as the pickup. And we all know guys LIKE to spend money on their pickups...

Me, I would be finding the cause of that backfire before it blew up my nice new snork!

I'm thinkin' there's not a lot of high performance parts for sequoia - after all, who soups up a tank - rofl!

Be that as it may, the engine configuration is likely to be very close to, if not the same as the pickup. And we all know guys LIKE to spend money on their pickups...

Me, I would be finding the cause of that backfire before it blew up my nice new snork!

its not throwing any codes, and so far everything else seems normal, i've put another 3000 miles since then with the airbox taped up. had a mechanic look at it and tell me everything looks fine, what else can i check?

I would pull all the major plugs along the under-hood wiring harness, spray them down with contact cleaner then smear lots of silicone dielectric grease all over the female plug before reconnetcing :)

I picked up the performance kit mentioned above. Finally got around to installing it.. fairly straightforward. I had to drill and tap two lines as they didn't have a nice connection, and the mass airflow sensor didn't fit flush with out a little filing.. now I have the CEL on and it acts like the Rev limitor is hitting at 3000. Are there universal MAF sensors or can it be bypassed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom