coil suspension resources (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
heyo-

i have been searching mud and pirate for some good info on how to build a coil suspension for a '40. i am thinking of getting the proffitt setup done, but i would like to see if i could just get his kit and install it myself. i know virtually nothing about suspension design and how to install a coil spring suspension without completely mangling it. i am not even certain i know the difference between coil-over shocks and coil springs...

anybody have some good resources to start with?

TIA

e

im building the proffitts kit and i know nothing of suspension realy. the instructions are prety clear this is a coil
moab005.jpg
and these are coilovers well the ones with springs on them are
mvc095f1bq.jpg

coolcruiser-

proffitt includes instructions in the kit? i was thinking the kit just had the parts... what did you get in the kit? everything to do the job yourself, or did you need to provide anything on your end? i assumed with the $800 kit, everything should come for the setup for BOTH axles... is that the case?

what do the instructions include? is it just a 'put piece A here' or is it 'this is how a coil suspension works, so do it like this' type of manual....

if the kit is simple enough to read instructions and do, spending a couple of weekends getting it together, $800 is a fantastic deal...

e

its 1350 per axle for everything i believe mine was 600 per i think since im running coilovers and didnt use there links, it comes with everything you need basicly exept the sawzall, instructions are prety simple to follow it doesnt realy go into detail of how it works but it tells you how to do it and if you get stuck you can always call them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom